Corsair Community

GPU mem temps

So see a lot of folks talking about those GPU memory temps going over 100, mine usually average around 90's ish.  Going to try something I saw in a video.  Copper shims with new paste.  When it comes in I'll make a short photo vid and let you know how it goes.

• Thanks 1

What are the max temps this system should hit before it damages itself?

09C36B46-787A-46C3-86B2-A46E813379AB.png

The MOBO and CPU will not allow itself to damage itself and will just instantly shut off your computer if those temps are ever reached.  Again, if your experiencing those temps I would make sure you set your cooling to custom and have it set to ATLEAST 70% constant while doing any gaming/content creation/design.

From my electronics department: every extra 10 degrees centigrade halves the life span of a component.  Because components at low temperatures far outlive the life span of a gpu card this rule only comes into view above 80, 90 degrees.  Lowering temperatures from 100 degrees to 90, or even 105 to 100 makes a significant difference, if frequently used like that.  In my case only the junction temperature of the gpu mem comes into danger territory.