Corsair Community

iCue Dash temp readings

wazzutbone

Hell...first time building my pc and have some questions about temp...my mobo temp seems way off the cahrt evena t startup and not sure if im doing something wrong or if im even reading this correctly...

my dash shows temp#1 and temp #2 for my mobo at 216c with no change ever...is that just a constant number?

any guide that shows how to understand the numbers would be appreciated...ty

Found the other threads in this forum about same issue being a HW misreporting issue not icue…downloaded hwinfo and readings in their all seem to be in normal ranges so all good to go.

ty

That sounds like an Asus board and that is typical for all of us, regardless of series.  CUE is not able to accurately read the embedded controller in the board all that well.  216C is a common number because it is the end of the scale, but you'll also see some ~16C or others that you know cannot be right since it's 10C below the room temp. 

Go to the CUE dashboard and you can delete the garbage data numbers mentioned above and you also may have a few duplicates.  While not exacting, typically the real values are the first 1-4 sensors and the trash is at the end.  If you are unsure or stuck, you can try opening up another monitoring program like HWiNFO that reads these better and assigns a name.  You can match up the CUE values to those.  However, once you open HWiNFO it will fight with CUE over access to Corsair devices.  You need to disable monitoring of Corsair internal devices like Commander fan controllers, PSUs, and AIOs.  If you see even more bad data on the CUE end or disappearing UI elements, these two program have become entangled.  Right click the Corsair device and disable monitoring, then restart both programs and services or simply restart the PC.