Corsair Community

Anyone else has problems with iCUE 4.21.173?

I upgraded the iCUE software on my A200 to the latest version, V4.21.173. Soon after that, I noticed the fan did not work as the fan curve I set. The fan would run at very low speeds and sometimes completely stopped. It caused my A200 to run very warm. For example, the SSD would measure 66C at idle.

I used the Windows 11 system revert to get rid of the new iCUE software. It has worked fine since then. 

Yes. new version is broken. My color profiles dont work, or stops in random moments or make other strange things - my keyboard is red and mouse is half red half rainbow. Fans displaying bad colors. 

Where i can download old version?

What version was iCue before the update?

Maybe we can modify the existing download link with the previous version number to get the correct file?

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.21.173_release.msi

I am using iCUE 4.20.169. I used Windows' recovery function to get it back. I saw someone in iCUE forum reporting other issues on the latest version. But someone from Corsair immediately jumped in and stated it must be from 3rd party software. 

I upgraded to the latest from 4.20.169 and immediately had problems. Then I used Windows restore function to go back and it has worked fine. How can it be a 3rd party issues....

4 hours ago, zguy85 said:

I was until downloaded from the i300 product page not icue page, and then made sure to selection TWO boxes for clean install after uninstalling iCue then worked fine.

Your iCUE probably shows updates. Mine did and I upgraded mine. Big mistake....

On 3/26/2022 at 6:30 PM, vett93 said:

I upgraded the iCUE software on my A200 to the latest version, V4.21.173. Soon after that, I noticed the fan did not work as the fan curve I set. The fan would run at very low speeds and sometimes completely stopped. It caused my A200 to run very warm. For example, the SSD would measure 66C at idle.

I used the Windows 11 system revert to get rid of the new iCUE software. It has worked fine since then. 

I am having similar issues as you, including the fan not working at random times when I use the corsair default fan curve profile. However, I had the issue with both the new version of ICUE and whatever version the system came preinstalled with. I updated to the new version hoping it would have the fixes for this issue I was having, but it only made things worse. But my system also seems to be having other hardware issues that don’t appear to be icue related. 

It’s been 7 days since I opened a support ticket, and Ive gotten emails from a friendly customer service rep telling me that my systems issues have been sent to the system team, and were waiting for them to respond with how to proceed.

When I spend 5k for a system, the last thing I want to worry about is if that system has issues…  Will the company stand by their products and do the right thing and take care of it.  I’m wondering if this just a sign that i need to return it and move on with my life.  Oh well, not much to do at the moment but see what happens. At this point I’ll give a few more days to see if they come through and if they don’t I’ll just return it while I’m still in the 30 day return period. 

Hmm looks like v.4.22.203 is now available

It does not mention the fix for the problems we faced. I'll skip this update for now. 

On 3/30/2022 at 6:39 PM, ToWn3r said:

Hmm looks like v.4.22.203 is now available

Still broken for me, now i cant change color of 3 fans - suddenly icue cant see them 😐