Jump to content
Corsair Community

Anything Wrong with this Setup?


Recommended Posts

Hey guys!  🙂

First of all, just wanted to thank Zotty for making such an extensive FAQ!

Really gave me a better understanding of how all the products function, and work together. 

Now that I'm closing in on the end of my build, I was wondering if you guys could take a look at the wiring diagram I made, and let me know if anything in my setup will cause issues.   Nothing in my diagram uses any splitters, but some of the lines cross in the picture just for space reasons (I'm not the best with photo shop 😅, hope it's not too hard to read).

I'm using the PirateDog Corsair to Aura A-RGB adapter that DevBiker recommended in an Evolv X thread, for connecting my Enthoo 719 lighting to the CoPro (forgot to put that in the diagram). 

Some issues I was concerned about were:

  • Is the order of my Hydro X parts ok?  XC7 > XD5 > XG7 > LED port on CoPro ? (I read on another post someone said the order needed to be  XC7 > XG7 > XD5 > LED port on CoPro. basically the pump being last in line. The manuals didn't mention anything about this.)
  • Would I be able to use "Corsair iCUE LS100 LED Smart Lighting Strip Expansion Kit"s attached to an LED port? (I really like the diffused strips over the exposed LED strips and wanted to incorporate them in my setup)
  • Lastly, Does it matter which LED ports that strips, HydroX componenets, or the case lights are plugged in? (didn't know if certain things needed to be in certain ports, like HydroX in LED 1 on CoPro, etc. )


What do you guys think?  Anything look problematic to you?

Appreciate any advice, thanks!



spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CuzzinChizzy said:

Is the order of my Hydro X parts ok?  XC7 > XD5 > XG7 > LED port on CoPro ? (I read on another post someone said the order needed to be  XC7 > XG7 > XD5 > LED port on CoPro. basically the pump being last in line. The manuals didn't mention anything about this.)

The XC7 has to be the terminating device in the chain. The XD5 and XG7 can be in any order you like (or makes sense).

1 hour ago, CuzzinChizzy said:

Would I be able to use "Corsair iCUE LS100 LED Smart Lighting Strip Expansion Kit"s attached to an LED port? (I really like the diffused strips over the exposed LED strips and wanted to incorporate them in my setup)

Yes. Just configure the channel as an External RGB Strip.

1 hour ago, CuzzinChizzy said:

Lastly, Does it matter which LED ports that strips, HydroX componenets, or the case lights are plugged in? (didn't know if certain things needed to be in certain ports, like HydroX in LED 1 on CoPro, etc. )

Nope.

I would suggest a powered USB hub, like the NZXT one. You may have issues with the CoPro hub.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...