Corsair Community

Can I use a USB 2.0 splitter to add & control additional iCUE RGB?

My mobo: MAG B550 TOMAHAWK

Currently connected & fully functioning iCUE devices: iCUE H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, & x7 iCUE SP120 RGB ELITE Performance 120mm PWM Fan, setup using one Commander CORE RGB & PWM Fan Controller & one iCUE Lighting Node CORE

I would like to add an iCUE Lighting Node Pro to my setup. I cannot find the product I have on the Corsair website, so here is the amazon link I purchased from.

The problem is that my motherboard has no more available USB 2.0 headers. Am I able to use a splitter on a motherboad USB 2.0 header to add an additional connection and still have full functionality of all the RGB, or would the two things connected to the single USB 2.0 header have to act together?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

USB cannot be split.

You'll need a powered USB hub. Many of us 'round here use the NZXT one with much success but others can work too. Just as long as they are powered.

1 hour ago, DevBiker said:

USB cannot be split.

You'll need a powered USB hub. Many of us 'round here use the NZXT one with much success but others can work too. Just as long as they are powered.

Thanks. I hope a Commander Core Pro will suffice, as that's what I have arriving tomorrow.

That's a Commander Pro and ... it may. But there have been issues with the USB hub (as it is, apparently, unpowered). So it may not.

15 minutes ago, DevBiker said:

That's a Commander Pro and ... it may. But there have been issues with the USB hub (as it is, apparently, unpowered). So it may not.

Well, if it doesn't power the USB headers then at least it has 2 3-pin ports I can use for the RGB strips I want to install.

1 hour ago, sklazinga said:

Well, if it doesn't power the USB headers then at least it has 2 3-pin ports I can use for the RGB strips I want to install.

That it does. It's a great device, don't get me wrong. But the USB hub has been a problem.