Corsair Community

K100 "S" key failing

My S key has started randomly failing.  It will either not register when I press it or it will type multiple S's. Obviously I'm concerned about any keyswitch failure on a 4 month old & $200 keyboard...but it's even worse as the letter "S" is not only one of the most widely used letters in the alphabet, it's also one of my direction keys for gaming.  Are there any warranty options or can I swap out bad key switches??

• Corsair Employees

Hi BrainSmashR,

We would first suggest you try a soft-reset of the keyboard. This will clear the keyboard internal memory, which often corrects issues such as the one you are experiencing. Please follow the directions below:

1: Unplug the keyboard.
2: Press the Esc key
3: While holding the Esc key, plug in the keyboard.
4: Hold the key down for 10 seconds.
5: Release the key.

Unfortunately that did not solve the problem, any other suggestions??

• Corsair Employees

Hi BrainSmashR,

Is this the Corsair OPX optical switch version of the K100, or the Cherry MX Speed switch version?

Corsair K100 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Speed RGB Silver Keyswitches - AXON Hyper-Processing Technology for 4X Faster Throughput - 44-Zone RGB LightEdge - PBT Double-Shot Keycaps

From The Corsair Store on Amazon...also have an ICUE Nexus attached if that matters, both Ordered on October 17, 2021

• Corsair Employees

Corsair K100 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Speed RGB Silver Keyswitches - AXON Hyper-Processing Technology for 4X Faster Throughput - 44-Zone RGB LightEdge - PBT Double-Shot Keycaps

From The Corsair Store on Amazon...also have an ICUE Nexus attached if that matters, both Ordered on October 17, 2021

Hi BrainSmashR,

I went ahead and converted this to a Tech Support ticket on your behalf now that we have your keyboard model -- they will assist you with performing some maintenance steps on the keyboard next. Please keep an eye on your email as the Support team should be reaching out shortly.

Thank you.