Corsair Community

LS100 - any way to get more of the adhesive metal sticky plates the magnets attach to?

I'm getting a new monitor, and rather than peeling the stickies off my old one and transferring and praying they still work, it occurred to me to check whether extras were available on the Corsair store - didn't find any, so here I am asking.

I'm not looking for anything free or anything, I'm perfectly willing to pay for them.  I am moving 2x250mm and 4x450mm strips over from a 34" Acer X34P to a 49" Samsung Neo G9.  I should probably have some idea of how many stickies that is, but without pulling them off my monitor I just don't.  I'm guessing ~26?  5 per 450mm and 3 per 250mm?  That's what it looks like when I poke my head around the backside.

I have some extra stickies from a 1.4m strip I have desk-lighting plans for, but I'd rather keep those for that purpose than bogart them for this purpose.

Thanks in advance

Why looking for more metal sticky plates, if they are still inadquate?

Depending on the surface of you monitor's back, they are completely useless... besides if you add extra strips to the basic LS100 (very common whtn trying to cover an UW monitor's surface), you wont be able to use other than basic lighting effects.

Corsair's worst product ever... and I own many.

Baio

The ones that came with the 1.4M kit are different, they have a lip on the bottom side that combined with the magnets will stop the sliding of the original designed magnetic plates.  That's a secondary benefit given my original issue is that in having to peel them off the first monitor they no longer stick adequately.

And I have multiple kits beyond the starter as I stated above and I can use more than basic effects just fine.

Regardless, none of this is answering my question to Corsair.  I agree stronger magnets and plates would have been preferable, but the addition of the lip shows that they have learned something.  Similarly, availability on the store of additional hinge-connector kits for the LC100 shows they've learned about consumables as well, just need this part addressed.

Hope they are improving this product series, the LS100 Starter kit+extensions I own simply it's not worth the price payed.

How do you set your LS100? If I use the preset for UW monitor, I can use all the effects, but they don't work or work oddly (as presets are meant for a predefined number of strips). If I use a custom layout, not all the effects are avaliable.

Baio