Corsair Community

XMS4400 failing with Intel 2.4C and DFI Mobo

Hi Ramguy,

I'm hoping you can give me some advice. I was sent this memory as a gift by a friend in the U.S. last August, but haven't been able to get it to work stable at its rated speed. You can see the settings I'm using in my sig. I have had the processor stable at 290FSB in another rig with other ram, but still not with the Corsair ram.

I have tried various settings with voltages and latency. My system runs for a while, then randomly crashes. I have used Memtest86 v1.55.1 and find errors appearing in test no. 5. If I run the memory at a lower speed by lowering the FSB to 260 or below, the ram passes Memtest. On the Corsair site there is 4400 speed ram recommended for DFI boards, but mine is not mentioned.

Am I able to get a swap for a couple of the recommended sticks and how would this be handled, considering how I obtained my ram?

Please test the modules one at a time, but this may be the MB holding you back. Can your friend maybe test your modules in his system?

Thanks for your reply....I'll do as you say, and also try them one at a time in my other rig (MSI 865PE board). However I'm in Australia and my friend is in the USA, so he can't test them. I'll let you know what they do one at a time.

• Corsair Employees
The DFI 875 MB when we tested it in our Lab topped out about 268 Mhz, so it may be the MB. But testing the modules in another system would help to verify that. However, I have no problem replacing the modules if you want to try that.

Hi again Ram Guy,

I've just spent about 5 hours testing my memory sticks one at a time as you suggested, with different setting configurations ...but only in my DFI board rig. I think the answer is already apparent without testing in a second rig.

I am currently using one stick while I type this response. My FSB is set to 280mhz with latency at 3-4-4-8. I got no errors in Memtest86 in test #5, which has been the bugbear in Memtest when testing both sticks together. So while the ram is rated at 275mhz, this stick does 280...woohoo!

Alas, the other stick is stable at only 260mhz, and starts getting errors above this. And with both sticks running, my system is constrained by the lowest performer. So what do you suggest I should do from here?

• 1 month later...
Thanks mate for your prompt attention....it's appreciated! :):

Just want to say I received my replacement memory and it works to spec just fine this time. Not easy to RMA between Australia and the USA, but after an initial hiccup, it all fell into place nicely. Thanks Ramguy and Corsair! :D:

Archived