Corsair Community

2 USB 3.0 ports in icue 7000x

• Corsair Employees

Your motherboard would need to have two internal USB 3.0 connectors available. Quite a few motherboards these days are coming with two internal USB 3.0 connectors. If your motherboard only has one internal USB 3.0 connector then only two of those ports will be active since the other two are obviously not going to be plugged in.

I have 2 USB 3,0 connectors on my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Extreme board, but I do not think it is very common to have that.

Instead of a splitter cable, I would recommend an internal PCI USB card like this one  Delock Products 90387 Delock PCI Express Card to 2 x internal USB 3.0 Pin Header

Edited by Aalb75

Thanks! The PCI card isn't available in the United States, but it got me thinking. I actually have an unused USB 3.2 type C, so I purchased an adapter. Hoping that solves the issue. Oddly enough, my manual actually says that the plugs included should be a usb 3.0, and a 3.1 type c... but my case came with two usb 3.0 (twenty pin) plugs. Hoping the converter will switch it over without adapter... I honestly forgot about adapters when I posted. Anyway, won't come in until Friday, but I'll post here upon solving in case someone else ran into this problem.

I got one of these to give me another 3.0 header

On 3/19/2022 at 12:32 AM, Mitchell The Great said:

I got one of those too trying to find a fix, unfortunately it was only able to power on one of the two usb slots it was connected to. Glad to see this is not an issue for you!