Corsair Community

CPU fan replacement

Ok so i got a corsair case and cooling. Problem is my top fan bairing is wearing out casing it to rattle in the casing when i start gaming and alike.

its a type 12v DC 0.28A and i have been looking for a replacement but its no were to be found. Can i just replace it with a similair one or do i need ot replace the entire cooling system then ? 

or can i just replace it with another corsair cooling fan ?

You can look up exact replacement parts by your case model on the Corsair website. However, it may be easier to replace it with something else. It would be much easier to make a recommendation if we knew what case you had and whether this fan is mounted on a radiator or being used as a free exhaust fan. 

Ok thank you for the reply il look up the case number when i get back form work today. as for were its mounted its on a radiator. its the top fan and the entire unit is mounted to the top of the case. 

ok did some looking on the case. 

Found the following numbers : a serial nummer VOR20158813-005

another number 092220279746

and a very long one on the CPU heat sink 

also checked the bios ifi could find some info there but sadly it dint tell me the type of CPU cooler i had. did see that the type of CPU wan an intel I9-10850k

and most of the plugs are either 8 or 12 volt

Most of us will have an easier time with a picture.  Possible someone from Corsair can identify by serial number, but I think we can work this from the other end.  If this is a radiator fan, then the AIO model is really what matters.  That will tell us size and the other fans.  In CUE, it should identify the name.  It will be something like "H100i Pro XT", etc.  Make sure you get any "i", Pro, XT, Platinum, Elite part of the name.  That denotes the generation it came from.  The number tells us the size.

• Administrators

Here's how to find the serial number: https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025378691-Find-a-Serial-Number-or-Lot-Code

Part numbers are usually at the same place (e.g. Cx-xxxxxxx-xx). That part number is searchable www.corsair.com.

If the cooler's still in warranty then you should be able to get a replacement fan from the support team. Please create a ticket at https://help.corsair.com.

thank you guys il need to actualy screw some stuff loose to get a good look and take pics. il keep you updated if i cant figure it out and thank you for your help.

Ok that’s an old SP120 2700 rpm from the GT/GTX/v2 years. And your AIO is a H80i GT or v2 with a fan on each side of a small 120mm radiator?

So this is the original part. 
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling/Hydro-Series™-H80i-H100i-SP120L-2700-RPM-Replacement-PWM-Fan/p/CO-8950002

However, those were pretty miserable fans for a lot of people and it is old enough it might be hard to obtain.  As soon as the ML series came out we all started to replace them with that. With a push pull set you need two and this twin pack is likely available for less at retail. 
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/Magnetic-Levitation-Fans/ml-config/p/CO-9050039-WW

The other think to consider is you have a fairly old AIO cooling a fairly new 10 Core processor. I am not sure how effective it is, but that H80i GT/v2 may not have a lot of time left. You may be ready for a new cooler soon and thus any fan money would be better put toward that goal. 

ok so what whould be a halfway decent replacement ?

money is not an issue here i just want a good reliable cooling system and the place were i keep my PC tends to get warm during the summer months so id rather pay then have it burn out on me. 

Any suggestions would be welcome 

You want the largest radiator you can fit in your case.  For most people that is probably going to be a 240mm, but some cases can take a 280mm or 360mm.  The larger the radiator, the less dependent you are on fans.  With a single panel 120mm radiator like the H80i, you need to keep fan speed up most of the time.  A 360mm radiator means you can let the fans cruise along without much consequence.  

• Thanks 1