Corsair Community

bad RAM

pbrma

Hello

I have one stick of Corsair PC133 double sided 16 module RAM. I get different RAM counts on boot up and random blue screens in Windows. This problem persists even when I try a different slot and on other PC’s that I try this RAM in. When I replace the RAM on my PC the problems go away. I would like to get an RMA in accordance with the lifetime warranty.

cm6548128-133

I do not know the other information. I am doing this for a friend who doesnt have the time to mess with your forums. I can email a scan of the memory so you can find all the numbers you need if you would like. The RAM is bad because when he puts new ram it it works great. Please replace the ram.

thanks

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I will email him to find out how many MB it is.

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

It is 128mb PC133 CAS2 NonECC with 16chips on it. I do not know the other information. I am doing this for a friend who doesnt have the time to mess with your forums. I can email a scan of the memory so you can find all the numbers you need if you would like. The RAM is bad because when he puts new ram it it works great. Please replace the ram.

I have finally recieved the information you requested. These are direct quotes from my friends email.

PROBLEM

" The Corsair RAM is 128mb PC133 CAS2 NonECC with 16chips on it. The problem with

this module is that it reads with different RAM counts via the bios RAM count.

It blue screens. With the ram module out of the unit the machine works fine. The

ram module has been moved to another slot and the results are the same unless the

module is removed from the machine."

SETTINGS

"The settings in the bios settings for the memory are

set to 8ns which is auto selected by the bios. The only other setting is 7ns 143mhz

MISC

"Alos let the tech kow that I have an identical Corsair module just like the one

I want RMA's that is working perfectly in the same exact system. "

clock. This is the only bios setting that he should need. There are no other memory

timings in the bios."

Archived