Corsair Community

H150i Fans not working after Firmware update through iCUE

I have an H150 RGB PRO XT. iCUE said there was a firmware update for it so I clicked on it and ran the update. Now the fans for it won't even turn on. Thankfully I have enough airflow through my case that my computer still runs with the case fans pushing air through the radiator. Please help.

I have the H100 RGB PRO XT and the fans come on full speed on a cold PC for near 30 min before correcting since the new iCUE was released.

fan.JPG

13 hours ago, TDNIIUBAM said:

I have an H150 RGB PRO XT. iCUE said there was a firmware update for it so I clicked on it and ran the update. Now the fans for it won't even turn on. Thankfully I have enough airflow through my case that my computer still runs with the case fans pushing air through the radiator. Please help.

Re-run the firmware update again.  Make sure you are not running any other RGB or other monitoring programs that might try to communicate with the H150i XT.  They get in the way when the device tries to reconnect after the flash.  The XT has a rather finicky fan controller, so this not unheard of.  Typically force updating the firmware resolves it.  

I put my PC in safe mode, ran the firmware update again with iCUE off. The H150i lights cycled indicating the firmware update was performed. No change at all. The fans will not function on any setting. My only guess is that there is a bug in the firmware that is prohibiting fan operation. I have submitted a support ticket but have not received a response yet.

Ok, follow through with the support ticket. I am a bit worried the fan controller has failed. In the meantime you can move the fans over to the motherboard. CPU temp control is a bit erratic, but a comfortable fixed speed will work just fine. 

On 3/14/2022 at 3:08 AM, c-attack said:

Ok, follow through with the support ticket. I am a bit worried the fan controller has failed. In the meantime you can move the fans over to the motherboard. CPU temp control is a bit erratic, but a comfortable fixed speed will work just fine. 

It's been a week and I haven't had a response yet from corsair support. How long does it usually take to get a response on a ticket?

Should be less time than that.