Corsair Community

Corsair One i300 GPU fans showing 0 RPM. Do they exist?

I have a Corsair One i300 with an Nvidia 3080 (not a Ti). Out-of-the-box iCue is configured to show the RPM value for two fans on the GPU, but both are reading as 0. I'm not sure if this is:

a) because they're not running

b) because they don't exist

c) because the sensor is broken

I'm assuming B, but I can't find anything which talks about what fans exist inside the case and would prefer not to start opening things up (since I'm a huge clutz). Can anyone clarify?

Interesting, are your temps actually skyrocketing which I would imagine they are, or is it just reading 0 not displaying their actual speeds?  Could you provide a picture please?  Interesting.

The GPU has two fans that cool the VRAM modules (see image) one above the pump and below. Is the 0 RPM reading when the system is idling?

It could be that corsair implemented a Zero RPM mode for when the system idles as temperature does not move much. The fans may kick in say after the temperature reaches 50C or more. 

Try playing a game for some time and then alt-tab out of the game (don't close it) and check iCUE and see what the reading is.

Corsair One a200: Tower of Ryzen 5000 and GeForce RTX 3000 | AllInfo

6 hours ago, EchoSierra said:

The GPU has two fans that cool the VRAM modules (see image) one above the pump and below. Is the 0 RPM reading when the system is idling?

It could be that corsair implemented a Zero RPM mode for when the system idles as temperature does not move much. The fans may kick in say after the temperature reaches 50C or more. 

Try playing a game for some time and then alt-tab out of the game (don't close it) and check iCUE and see what the reading is.

Corsair One a200: Tower of Ryzen 5000 and GeForce RTX 3000 | AllInfo

This is what I thought too.  But it appears that the gpu mem is much closer to the gpu cpu, and not underneath the fan cooled grills.  Take a look at the Palit Gaming Pro pictures in this link, which I think is the card/board used in the i300: https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/dominic-moass/nvidia-rtx-3080-ti-review-ft-gigabyte-inno3d-palit/all/1/

This also matches my flir observations, where those grills are 50-60 degrees, while the gpu area appears to be hotter than the internal measurements.  All this while under full load.