Corsair Community

Fan connection to Lighting node core

I bought a Corsair SPEC-DELTA Carbide Series, wtih 12v 0.38 fans (part number a1225m12s), and a lighting node core, and the 4 pin connectors are incompatible.  The "male" plug cables coming from the fans (not sure if they really are male or female, kinda both!) are VERY SLIGHTLY too big for the sockets on the lighting node.  How can this be, do Corsair really sell two types of 4 pin RGB fan connectors that are so similar and yet incompatible?  Is there any sort of adapter I should buy, I really don't want to strip the cables and solder directly to pins...or am I fundamentally trying the wrong thing here?  Thanks for any help -

Pic here and here

12 minutes ago, worldwidejon said:

wtih 12v 0.38 fans (part number a1225m12s),

And that is the problem. Those are 12v RGB fans. Everything else Corsair is 5v Digital RGB, like most everything on the market. The SPEC-delta came out when there still some 12v gear and it was designed to be a lower cost case that used the common motherboard 12v 4 pin RGB headers. That is where the fans were intended to go and the Corsair controllers are deliberately different so you can’t connect the two mismatched types. 

Thanks so much.  Is there any way to ‘fake’ a 12v header?  My mobo doesn’t have one.  Like one of the many stick-on units available on eBay?  I guess I’ll never software control but I could live with that.  Maybe I just have to buy new fans?  Thanks loads for your help.

There are going to be 12v standalone lighting controllers out there.  I haven't used one in quite some time, but perhaps someone else has a recommendation.  It should NOT be expensive.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help here.  Sorry this is really lame but can anyone point me to a product that would work with these fans?  I’m just feeling burned by buying 4pin controllers that don’t *quite* fit the connections on the fan I have…TIA….

There's also the ArrRGB DAC - https://piratedog.tech/products/solarity-tech-arrrgb-dac-essentials-bundle. This has been tested with the fans in the Spec-DELTA case.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone - really appreciate the help. DevBiker's solution looks good but shipping to UK is mad.  Is there a similar thing I can easily source here in the UK?  Can't believe how complex this has turned out to be!  Thanks loads for any advice.