Corsair Community

K70 KEYBOARD NOT WORKING ON MAC Login

When I turn on my computer, the keyboard lights up, however it wont register the keys. I have to log in by unplugging my  K70 keyboard, and with my bluetooth mac keyboard I got to log in as normal. Once I am logged in, I plug in my k70 and I am able to use the keyboard, play games etc. Not sure when when I shut down it doesn't know what to do from the start. I have tried downloading and redownloading the ICUE for mac. I have done the reset trick with the ESC key. Its a pain to have to unplug and log in each time, if that's the only way to use it, I guess I will suck it up. Not sure what else to do. 

• Like 1

• Corsair Employees

What exact keyboard? What exact Mac? What exact version of MacOS? How exactly are you connecting the keyboard to your Mac (make sure you mention the exact adapters you are using if any)? I have tested with with several K70 keyboards that I have with my 2020 M1 Mac Mini with the most recent version of Monterey without issues on the login screen?

Doesn't happen to me every reboot, but when it does only SOME keys seem to actually work.  I'll type in my password and only some of the keys fill in the box.

2015 MBA clamshell connected to 27" Cinema Display, running macOS 12.3 RC.  K70 RGB Mk2 latest firmware.  Keyboard (and Dark Core Mouse transponder) connected to USB ports on the monitor, fed by a port on the MBA.

When it happens I have not actually tried replugging, but if I open my MBA and log in with the regular keyboard the K70 eventually starts working.

• 4 months later...

This relates to the mode the keyboard is in, I found that holding down the special button that looks like a lock and then pressing F1 would switch the mode so that I never had to deal with that again...