Corsair Community

5 Corsair Commander Core XT's and 1 1000D Commander.

TK1T

I have a technical 6 commander pros that I use to control and power my fans. However, only three of them show up on iCUE. I do know the reason to this: My motherboard only has two USB slots and the 1000D Commander is plugged into one, and a USB hub is plugged into the other. I then plug in two Commander Core XT's to the 1000D Commander, and the rest into the USB hub. The three connected to the USB hub do not show up. 

Is there a solution that makes it so that the three connected to the USB hub show up in iCUE? 

I am willing to buy external things so long as its reasonable. 

I've tried 3 Commander Core XT and could only get 2 to be seen as USB devices. The USB system will only recognize 2 XT max. I first thought was a bad XT, but using any 2 of them worked fine. 

I tried a USB hub, and  daisy chaining the XTs.  No luck, so I finally downloaded USBDview (great app if you want to see what is going on with your USB devices). USBDview showed that that the problem was  not in ICUE but that the USB system would not recognized more than 2 XTs at one time.   I ended up using 1 Commander pro and 2 Commander XTs, strangely this worked fine.

I suspect a XT design error , and I notified customer support.

5 Commander Core or XT controllers is going to be a problem. 3 seems to be the limit in any combination with the Com Core, Com Core XT and LCD pump top, all of which seem to use more bandwidth. Some users have found success by using a usb 2->usb 3 adapter so they can use the higher bandwidth port. However, 5 seems problematic on several levels and there is going to be a more efficient way to do this. 

You might ask in the Discord group below. There a lot of 1000D owners in there and there are multiple ways to set things up. Most users will be using a lower number of controllers with PWM hubs or RGB cloning to keep the hardware requirements to a less extreme level. 

https://discord.gg/corsaircaseownersclub