Corsair Community

LT100 Light towers glitching

I have the LT100 starter kit for almost 2 years now, and it has started to act different from what its supposed to.

I have them connected directly via an usb 3.0 port in my pc. When I turn my pc on after the night they work fine. I have them set to screen sampling. However after about 5-15 minutes the towers become unresponsive except for a small part on the bottom of the first light tower. They just freeze to the color they were in. I can't alter anything to the other leds in the tower with ICue or anything. The towers are currently running the newest firmware (1.1.38) and i am also running the latest icue software (4.21.173). Also, when i disconnect the towers from my pc or turn my pc off the frozen leds stay frozen, instead of going to their default hardware lighting mode. The part that still worked either turns off or goes to rainbow wave, which is the hardware lighting it is set to. Even worse, when I unplug the towers from their power source and disconnect from usb, and then reconnect the power source the leds still stay frozen or off. Sometimes when this happens my pc also only detects one tower.

I have already tried different USB ports on my pc, which doesnt seem to make any difference. I also tried cleaning all the cables and ports, and re inserting the towers into their bases. I have also tried plugging the leds into my laptop and installing icue software on there to see if that did anything, but i still get the exact same issues.

Does anyone else have this problem, and/or could give me tips about how to fix this?

spacer.png

• Corsair Employees

I have the LT100 starter kit for almost 2 years now, and it has started to act different from what its supposed to.

I have them connected directly via an usb 3.0 port in my pc. When I turn my pc on after the night they work fine. I have them set to screen sampling. However after about 5-15 minutes the towers become unresponsive except for a small part on the bottom of the first light tower. They just freeze to the color they were in. I can't alter anything to the other leds in the tower with ICue or anything. The towers are currently running the newest firmware (1.1.38) and i am also running the latest icue software (4.21.173). Also, when i disconnect the towers from my pc or turn my pc off the frozen leds stay frozen, instead of going to their default hardware lighting mode. The part that still worked either turns off or goes to rainbow wave, which is the hardware lighting it is set to. Even worse, when I unplug the towers from their power source and disconnect from usb, and then reconnect the power source the leds still stay frozen or off. Sometimes when this happens my pc also only detects one tower.

I have already tried different USB ports on my pc, which doesnt seem to make any difference. I also tried cleaning all the cables and ports, and re inserting the towers into their bases. I have also tried plugging the leds into my laptop and installing icue software on there to see if that did anything, but i still get the exact same issues.

Does anyone else have this problem, and/or could give me tips about how to fix this?

spacer.png

Hi Maarwiebenik,

I have gone ahead and converted this to a Technical Support ticket on your behalf. Please keep your eye on the email associated with this account, as the TS team should be reaching out to you very soon.