Corsair Community

Which fan is No. 1, etc.?

JackSmith24

Hello!

I just picked up the icue 220T RGB case and have a question. Which of the front case fans is number 1 - the top of the bottom? It came with the bottom fan plugged into port 1 of the lighting node, but that seems backward and I wanted to ask before I completely assemble everything.

Thanks!

Jack

• Corsair Employees

If you traced the cable and it was plugged into port one on the included Lighting Node Core then that would be the first fan in the RGB chain. If you don't like that RGB arrangement you can feel free to swap the RGB connectors to fit your personal preferences.

3 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

If you traced the cable and it was plugged into port one on the included Lighting Node Core then that would be the first fan in the RGB chain. If you don't like that RGB arrangement you can feel free to swap the RGB connectors to fit your personal preferences.

Thank you. I know I can rearrange them, but was wondering which is the "standard" setup, so that themes like "Rain" will execute properly. Sure, trial and error will work, but I'd really like to get it all sorted before I get the hardware installed, load Windows, icue, and start experimenting. 🙂

• Corsair Employees

That really depends on your personal preferences for the orientation of the effects as the controller work in series.

5 minutes ago, JackSmith24 said:

Thank you. I know I can rearrange them, but was wondering which is the "standard" setup, so that themes like "Rain" will execute properly. Sure, trial and error will work, but I'd really like to get it all sorted before I get the hardware installed, load Windows, icue, and start experimenting. 🙂

Have you been able to rearrange the fans? Never has worked for me, in icue 4 at least.

7 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

That really depends on your personal preferences for the orientation of the effects as the controller work in series.

Well, I'd like the rain effect to go from top to bottom, so in that case, is the top fan 1 or 3?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 6:23 PM, JackSmith24 said:

Well, I'd like the rain effect to go from top to bottom, so in that case, is the top fan 1 or 3?

Makes no difference.  Go into Icue software, open up the lighting node.  You can drag and drop the position of the fans, so put rain on, see how they are working and move them accordingly.  You can also rotate the way the rgb led lights work to make sure orrientation is working right, so if you have a an effect such as pong, the middle light bounces up and down, you need to make it that the movement is correct for all 3 fans...