Corsair Community

Asus Rog Z690 Hero

Hi,

I Icue is currently detecting the board, but is only giving me an option to manage the rgb header not the main RGB display. What can i do?

That is an Armory Crate only item, along with 5v D-RGB headers.  

I have the same motherboard.  ICue does detect it but as you indicated does not allow RGB to sync up.  My guess is that the SDK or whatever that allows for the ASUS integration has not been updated yet to include this motherboard which is fairly new.  Or as c-attack mentioned  it may be an armory crate only item.  The implementation of RGB seems different on this board so it may not be able to be synced up.  It would be nice if they allowed this control or if it was possible.

c-attack, have you heard or read anything specifically that mentions is will not be doable in ICUE or that is is Armory Crate only option for this board?

Edited by mpoffo

• Corsair Employees

As has been pointed out in many threads before, you cannot control the ARGB headers on Asus motherboards via iCUE, and if you wish to have control over that specific header it will need to be done through the Armoury Crate software.

1 hour ago, Corsair Notepad said:

As has been pointed out in many threads before, you cannot control the ARGB headers on Asus motherboards via iCUE, and if you wish to have control over that specific header it will need to be done through the Armoury Crate software.

I think what myself and Forga are referring to is not the ARGB headers per se but the other RGB elements on the board.  There is a section on this motherboard that has RGB built in.  In ICUE I am able to control zones on other Asus motherboards.  I can on my X299 Asus Rampage VI Extreme.   Has that feature been discontinued or no longer supported with ICUE?

Edited by mpoffo

Here is an image (see attached) of what we see.  It appears to me that this motherboard is not yet supported and that the plug-in  in not picking the RGB up correctly.  Maybe I am wrong and all the RGB is control through an AGRB header but I didn't think so.

snapshot.png

Yes, this was my understanding as well — the new Asus Z690 motherboard panel lights are not integrated, along with the 5v D-RGB headers (which is normal). 

• 1 month later...

Found this thread looking for the same thing -- wondering if I can control the z690 hero rear io cover lighting with Icue. Icue seems the motherboard but only the rgb headed is detected, not the rest of the board's lighting. 
Hopefully this gets updated at some point since it would be great to just use icue for everything.