Corsair Community

Bad Ram - CMX512-3200XLPRO

On Saturday night while gaming on my PC, the system crashed all the sudden and powered off. After numerous attempts to reboot with no success, no post, nothing, I gave up till the next day. After two days of troubleshooting, removing all the cards, CPU, replaced power supply, attempted restarts with no PCI cards, new video card, etc, I finally swapped out the ram with an old 1gig paired pc3200 XXXXXX ram, the system would post as if nothing was wrong. I tried another set of budget XXXXXXXXX ram and same positive results. I tried again with the Corsair XMS and it wouldnt post defintely pointing to the ram as the problem. I have the entire system protected by UPS, no funny weather, nothing out of the ordinary when it failed.

I bought the Corsair paired Pro Series XMS with LED activity lights 6 months ago (November 2004) and had no problems whatsoever with the exact same system configuration - it was working flawlessly then just died. Exact brand name is paired CMX512-3200XLPRO (XMS3208v1.1 0445100-1 XMS3200 512mb 400mhz 2.2.2.5).

I would like to request an RMA so I can get them replaced and get back to using my awesome Corsair ram and not this old budget ram. The system will not post at all with the ram so I cannot run any tests on it myself.

My motherboard is a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, AMD64 3500+, Win XP Pro

• Corsair Employees

We are sorry you are having trouble with our memory,

Please follow the directions under "I think I have a bad module" under this forum or if you have trouble, please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the RMA please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Archived