Corsair Community

iCUE with Corsair Lightning Node Core and H150i RGB PRO XT (360)

Hi,

I just bought a ICUE 5000X RGB Tower, included with a Corsair Lightning Node Core, as well as a H150i RGB Pro XT and Corsair RGB RAM. It's some time since I build a new System or Upgraded one, therefore I came upon a issue, where the Corsair Support or Community (you) might have a hint for me or a solution.

I'm somewhat disappointed with the internal design and space for the PSU / HDDs but that is another matter.

Everything is working, except: 

TL;DR: iCUE doesn't recognize ANY device that I plug into the MB USB Connector (USB15). My motherboard, a ASUS ROG CrossHair Hero VII (7) X470 (latest UEFI update) has two USB connectors. The USB 1112 port and USB15 port. I've bought a NXT USB Internal Hub, connected it to the USB1112 connector, connected the H150i and the LCN to the hub. However it won't show my other device if it's not connected to port 1 of the HUB.

Could the Corsair Commander be a solution for me or should I buy a different mainboard? It's just that I wanted to wait with a new mainboard for the next AMD Gen. 7000 series CPU and boards.

Or maybe did I do something wrong or misunderstood something somewhere?

Thanks for any tip, help or information.

Best

• Corsair Employees

That is indeed a limitation of the board design around that specifc USB header. I also have the same exact board in a personal build and can confirm that that specific USB header is not a full USB 2.0 header and as such our devices are not going to be detected when plugged into it. You will need to utilize a high quality internal USB hub that has supplemental power from the PSU, and attach it to the USB 2.0 header USB1112, and the devices to the hub in order for them to be properly recognized by the system and iCUE.

A Commander Pro will not be a solution here as the 2x USB headers for that are purely passthroughs and you will then run into the widely documented issue of Ryzen systems not working properly with the CP USB passthroughs due to their limited power over USB.

• Corsair Employees

Also make sure your BIOS is updated and that you have downloaded and installed the latest chipset drivers directly from AMD's website.

4 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

That is indeed a limitation of the board design around that specifc USB header. I also have the same exact board in a personal build and can confirm that that specific USB header is not a full USB 2.0 header and as such our devices are not going to be detected when plugged into it. You will need to utilize a high quality internal USB hub that has supplemental power from the PSU, and attach it to the USB 2.0 header USB1112, and the devices to the hub in order for them to be properly recognized by the system and iCUE.

A Commander Pro will not be a solution here as the 2x USB headers for that are purely passthroughs and you will then run into the widely documented issue of Ryzen systems not working properly with the CP USB passthroughs due to their limited power over USB.

Thank you for the explanation and help. This information solved my issue. Should I'm not incorrect, as I'm not sure as to how many users are affected, add it to the FAQ. As I didn't found the answer there.