Corsair Community

Can I connect 3 node core to commander pro using internal USB splitter?

Long story short. I'm installing a 3rd radiator externally. I currently have 3 QL120 connected to one core and 4 QL140 connected to a second core and both cores connected to a commander pro.  I have 3 more QL140s installed on the external rad that will be 8-12" from the case (that's the long story part). It would be much easier to wire manage connecting the 6 wires from the ext. 140s to the core hidden by the radiator then I just have to manage the 2 wires from the core into the case.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks

You need a powered USB hub at this point.  The Commander Pro's USB ports are passive, so really just a splitter as well.  Adding a splitter to the splitter is asking for trouble and that is now 4 devices on the channel.  A powered USB hub would let you divide the LNCores up in a more balanced ways across your MB's two (?) internal USB ports or even using an internal USB 9 pin to type A external USB plug might be preferable, depending on where the radiator will go in relation to the rear IO panel.  

Great! The Internal to type A will work perfect in this situation. I guess I was thinking everything had to go into the commander for iCue to see it. Thanks for the quick reply!