Corsair Community

Specification of LGA 1700 Standoff/Alternative to LGA1700 Retrofit Kit?

I am trying to locate the technical specs of the standoffs used in the kit. I just ordered the Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix and after seeing what people were saying online its not going to work with my I9-12900k... Is there an alternative to those exact standoffs? 

• Corsair Employees

In order to properly mount the CPU to the new LGA1700 socket you will need the correct standoffs. 

On 3/2/2022 at 5:31 PM, Corsair Notepad said:

In order to properly mount the CPU to the new LGA1700 socket you will need the correct standoffs. 

You don't say..

I'm in a similar position. Ordered the H170i for my i9-12900KF, but got no screws for LGA1700 and the Retrofit Kit is out of stock everywhere. I've reached out to support asking for alternatives or an expected delivery date on said kit. No reply so far.

I'd love the measurements for the standoff as well. It looks like we need to source these somewhere other than Corsair, sadly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 11:31 AM, Corsair Notepad said:

The other forum posts have people complaining from mid-late February who STILL don't have these screws.  This isn't just a shipping error on Corsair's part, this is a logistics shortfall.  Either give us the specifications for these parts so we may decide whether to adopt the risk for ourselves, or hire a nearby machine shop to begin making these things.  I wouldn't be surprised if you're sourcing these things from China, where they're ALL over eBay, probably scalping you with the parts you've ordered.  Again, the specs and I can go to a machine shop down the street with all sizes of threaded bolts, and they said they'll machine a spacer for me.

I got this from support:

M3 x 0.5 threading
22.4mm total length
6mm length threading on each side
10.4mm length for the non threaded section

This is useless however as you will NEVER be able to find screws with this spec unless you make them yourself. Trust me I have tried, I am currently day 27 waiting on these ********ing screws.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 11:31 AM, Corsair Notepad said:

And how does one acquire the correct standoffs when the retrofit kit for LGA 1700 processors is out of stock?

I would not have ordered this cooler with the combo deal had I known this. 

• 1 month later...

I may be late to the party on this one but thought I'd comment anyway.

I just completed two separate 12900K builds, both using Asus Z690 motherboards which have mounting hole compatibility for both 1200 and the newer 1700 socket AIO mounts. I used H150i Cappelix coolers on both builds. 

On one 12900K build I used the Corsair socket 1700 retrofit stand offs and all is well regarding temps. 

On the second 12900K build I used the old socket 1200 stand offs; I have a second retrofit coming but didn't want to wait.  So being the natural born innovator that I am and to compensate for the shorter over all length of these older 1200 standoffs, I placed a spare washer over the top of each standoff before tightening down the final thumb screws. 

I used four of the black washers that come packaged in the H150i Cappellix kit.  And as with the first build, all is well regarding temps and both systems test/benchmark with the same min/max temps during synthetic tests and gaming tests.

I have no idea if this "washer mod" actually compensates for the difference in the 1200/1700 stand off heights but temperature tests confirm there is no need for the 1700 retrofit stand offs in this case, at least when using any of the Asus Z690 motherboards.

socket 1700 washer mod.png

the 1200 standoffs are longer than the 1700, so the washers in that position should do about.. nothing ^^

the difference is small, about 1mm, so it's probably making good contact but with less pressure.

If you want to compensate for the higher 1200 standoffs you'd need to place washers between the backplate and the motherboard i guess. May need to sand them though, washers are often more than 1mm thick, and don't use metallic ones of course.

9 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

the 1200 standoffs are longer than the 1700, so the washers in that position should do about.. nothing ^^

the difference is small, about 1mm, so it's probably making good contact but with less pressure.

If you want to compensate for the higher 1200 standoffs you'd need to place washers between the backplate and the motherboard i guess. May need to sand them though, washers are often more than 1mm thick, and don't use metallic ones of course.

I think you are correct. In fact, I recall another user somewhere using nylon washers on the back of his 1700 socket.

I have to eventually move that particular rig from the bench to a proper case and so removing and reseating the H150i will be required.  The second set of 1700 stand offs will be in by then and I'll simply use those. 

Thanks for the comment...