Jump to content
Corsair Community

Clavier K55 Azerty belge avec disposition étrange des caractères


Recommended Posts

Bonjour,

J'ai acheté un clavier K55 avec clavier azerty belge.

Après quelques utilisations, je me suis rendu compte que plusieurs touches avaient des caractères positionnés autrement que les claviers traditionnels.

La comparaison avec un clavier traditionnel montre clairement que les touches reprenant des symboles sont toutes différentes.

Cette inversion me semble être illogique puisque la touche tiret et undescore est correcte.

Dois-je retourner le clavier là où je l'ai acheté ?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

Bonne journée.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees

That is the intended legend printing of the keycaps and there is nothing wrong. As you can clearly see each key is properly represented, and what you are pointing out is personal preference for the position of the printing on the keycaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

That is the intended legend printing of the keycaps and there is nothing wrong. As you can clearly see each key is properly represented, and what you are pointing out is personal preference for the position of the printing on the keycaps.

Hello.

Thank you for your reply.

You say the keys are well printed.

But why is the main symbol at the bottom and sometimes at the top?

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

That is the intended legend printing of the keycaps and there is nothing wrong. As you can clearly see each key is properly represented, and what you are pointing out is personal preference for the position of the printing on the keycaps.

The K55 keyboard exists with the original belgian layout.

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees

As I pointed out previously that is the intended legend printing of the keycaps for that keyboard. If you are unhappy with choice of how the legend is printed then it may suit you to return the keyboard with the retailer you purchased it from, and instead purchase a different keyboard that aligns with your personal preferences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2022 at 5:22 PM, Corsair Notepad said:

As I pointed out previously that is the intended legend printing of the keycaps for that keyboard. If you are unhappy with choice of how the legend is printed then it may suit you to return the keyboard with the retailer you purchased it from, and instead purchase a different keyboard that aligns with your personal preferences.

while i understand the design here your 4 and 5 keys are totally different then all the other keys. its like a miss print.

 

a normal press should give the symbol on the top left of the key, which it does for all keys except 4 and 5 which produces these symbols '   ( those symbols are on the bottom for key 4 and 5

a shift press should give the number this it does on all keys correct.

a alt Gr press should give the bottom symbol which it does except on key 4 and 5. which produces these symbols { [ those symbols are on the top left for 4 and 5

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
15 hours ago, Duivelbryan said:

while i understand the design here your 4 and 5 keys are totally different then all the other keys. its like a miss print.

 

a normal press should give the symbol on the top left of the key, which it does for all keys except 4 and 5 which produces these symbols '   ( those symbols are on the bottom for key 4 and 5

a shift press should give the number this it does on all keys correct.

a alt Gr press should give the bottom symbol which it does except on key 4 and 5. which produces these symbols { [ those symbols are on the top left for 4 and 5

 

As I pointed out to the OP, how the legend is printed itself is not a standard. If you require a keyboard legend with a specific legend printing on the keycaps, then it is our recommendation is to purchase a keyboard with that specific legend order that aligns with your personal preference. The keys are all properly represented, and produce the correct character output upon pressing the keys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2022 at 4:53 PM, Corsair Notepad said:

produce the correct character output upon pressing the keys.

and again you don't read the post and assume it. keys 4 and 5 DO NOT produce the correct character represented by the VISUAL position ON the key.

tldr read the previous post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2022 at 4:53 PM, Corsair Notepad said:

how the legend is printed itself is not a standard. 

i am NOT asking for a standard i am asking about consistency across the entire keyboard. you can't have some keys give the top symbol and then random some keys to botton symbol with the exact same key combo being hold.  if ALT GR types the botton symbol on 20 keys except 2 of them that is called a mis print those 2 keys symbols should be SWITCHED from top to bottom and bottom to top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
14 hours ago, Duivelbryan said:

and again you don't read the post and assume it. keys 4 and 5 DO NOT produce the correct character represented by the VISUAL position ON the key.

tldr read the previous post.

I indeed did read your post and fully understand what you are saying. What I am saying is that the visual position of the printing of the legend on the keycaps is not a standard, and that the position the legend is printed on the keycaps itself indeed does not indicate the specific modifier key you have to utilize in order to get the key you are expecting. 

There was no misprint or mistake made in the printing of the legend and they are indeed printed as they are supposed to be. As I explained to the original poster, if you are unhappy with the keyboard due to the legend printing, we would recommend that you return the keyboard with the retailer and purchase one that aligns with your personal preferences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the same issue as Duivelbryan with K55 Pro. It is unacceptable to answer your customers to return the keyboard. What if we can 't return the keyboard? Why can't Corsair fix this very annoying issue by firmware update? Or can this be fixed by remapping via ICUE?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maybe order an aftermarket keycap set? There are some very nice ones out there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your advice, Frizor but this is definitely a manufacturing flaw from Corsair.

Even more, should every customer who buys this AZERTY BE keyboard order an aftermarket keycap set? I don't think so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BOM rationalization through use of FR 4 and 5 keys on BE layout maybe? 😛

In defense of Corsair, at least for FR keyboards, it is not mandatory to follow the published AFNOR norm. I don't know about Belgium.

So i guess you should take Notepad's advice and get a keyboard with the correct official Belgian layout. Other users may be fine with Corsair's layout as it is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I made a support ticket and this is the ridiculous answer from customer support 😡:

 

Hello Homer,
 
I deeply apologize for the delay, after speaking with my specialist they stated that your pressing too many keys at once or pressing them too fast. The keyboard doesn't have an N-key roll over which this article will explain more on: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/-n-key-rollover-nkro-definition,5751.html.
 
If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Cesar S.

Thank you for choosing
Corsair

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
On 5/10/2022 at 7:43 AM, HomerAloner69 said:

I have the same issue as Duivelbryan with K55 Pro. It is unacceptable to answer your customers to return the keyboard. What if we can 't return the keyboard? Why can't Corsair fix this very annoying issue by firmware update? Or can this be fixed by remapping via ICUE?

A firmware update is not going to fix a personal preference for how the legend on specific keycaps are printed. The specific keys will indeed type the correct character.

 

On 5/11/2022 at 6:11 AM, HomerAloner69 said:

Thanks for your advice, Frizor but this is definitely a manufacturing flaw from Corsair.

Even more, should every customer who buys this AZERTY BE keyboard order an aftermarket keycap set? I don't think so.

As I pointed out to the first couple of complaints the printing of the legend on keycaps is not a standard. The standard is that the characters are in the correct position on the keyboard, which we follow. If someone has a personal preference for how the the keys that can represent more than two characters is printed on the legend then they will either need to purchase a keyboard that aligns with their personal preferences, or purchase a keycap set that aligns with their personal preferences and is compatible with their keyboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...