Corsair Community

Bad Memory Module

I purchased a 512 stick of pc3200 ram from Newegg.com about 5 or 6 months ago. I put in a brand new computer and the computer kept giving me the blue screen of death saying dumping physical memory. I then placed the chip in my current computer and it seemed to work fine. So I have left the module in but it starting causing problems. I misdiagnosed the problem as a virus and reinstalled windows etc. NEVER changed any of my bios settings. I have been getting the blue screen of death, computer lockups, and crashes even when a screen saver is run. Recently someone recomended I check my memory, and we found that it was only writing at about 2700 speeds. I removed the newer chip and i am back up to 3200 write speeds, and the blue screens of death have disapeered, and the lockups are non-existant. I was wondering if this should be covered under warranty and how to go about having the chip replaced. BTW, the chips that are in my computer are exactly the same both 512mb and same model number. It is a CORSAIR ValueSelect 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model VS512MB400C3 - Retail

Item #: N82E16820145479

Archived