Corsair Community

Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler not connecting to iCUE

Hi, 

So I've seen some other posts regarding similar problems with similar coolers. Essentially my issue is I can't connect my CPU cooler to iCUE (so that I can change the RGB & etc.)  I bought the cooler in October, and it hasn't connected from the start. It isn't being controlled by MSI center or anything, and I honestly have no clue what is wrong with my cooler. It functions okay, it cools the CPU, it's just I can't change the RGB or anything, and nor does it connect to iCUE.

• Corsair Employees

What exactly are you plugging the internal USB 2.0 cable from the cooler into? Are you plugging it directly into an internal USB 2.0 header on your motherboard, or are you utilizing some sort of internal USB hub or splitter of some kind? If you are plugging it directly into the USB 2.0 header on your motherboard what exact motherboard do you have, and what exact header are you plugging it into? The header should be marked on the PCB directly, but you can also refer to your motherboard manual for the exact header designation also.

Which USB hub would that be? A specific link to the exact one would be helpful. 

Does it get detected when connected to the motherboard? 

There are a number of super-cheap, unpowered USB "hubs" and "splitters" (which is an inaccurate term - you cannot split USB) that are unpowered and of very poor quality. They very often won't work. 

Note: your motherboard is not the issue. I have both an MSI B450 and an MSI X570 that have used various iCUE coolers without issue. 

• Corsair Employees
1 hour ago, Ouuen said:

My motherboard is the MSI MAG B550 tomahawk, and yes my cooler is plugged into a USB hub.

What exact USB hub are you plugging the USB 2.0 cable from the cooler into exactly?

7 hours ago, Ouuen said:

Sorry I'm a little confused, but the hub that my fan goes to is the one that came with this case.

No. You mentioned a USB hub. What USB hub are you using?

Sorry, I didn't actually build my PC so I don't really know this stuff, but the only wire I can find that comes from the cooler goes into a hub that came with this case (you can see it on the 10th image on the right.