Corsair Community

hx750 fan

stupid question, opened up computer to blow out all the dust bunnies

am running it now, is it normal for the HX750 fan to not be spinning at all?

i understand it is temperature controlled and variable speed, but shouldn't it be spinning at low speeds even with cold computer start?

just didn't want to take a chance on burning out anything, will replace power supply if fan is kaput

thanks

8 hours ago, mrken777 said:

stupid question, opened up computer to blow out all the dust bunnies

am running it now, is it normal for the HX750 fan to not be spinning at all?

i understand it is temperature controlled and variable speed, but shouldn't it be spinning at low speeds even with cold computer start?

just didn't want to take a chance on burning out anything, will replace power supply if fan is kaput

thanks

hi I think it's normal.  the fan in my RM850i is not moving.  being "i" I can set it in icue so I decided to keep it always spinning.

in your case I don't think it's possible.

1761821649_Immagine2022-02-28091530.png.b07e3112c024f7f3085d1a06c31d6667.png

it seems that your fan will start spinning when the psu is working at 40% power.

maybe we can ask @c-attack

• Like 1

it's a mix of power and temperature, but all in all it's normal it doesn't spin. it will only do a short fan test at startup and that's it.

my old HX850 never had its fan spinning in 8 years. the current one never spun once either even in summer heat waves. When it's not needed, it's not needed 🙂 you got a high efficiency power supply, so why not enjoy its main advantage which is very small heat losses... hence no need for constant active cooling?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

it's a mix of power and temperature, but all in all it's normal it doesn't spin. it will only do a short fan test at startup and that's it.

my old HX850 never had its fan spinning in 8 years. the current one never spun once either even in summer heat waves. When it's not needed, it's not needed 🙂 you got a high efficiency power supply, so why not enjoy its main advantage which is very small heat losses... hence no need for constant active cooling?

yeah, there is no need but I understand mrken. the 0rpm fan gives you that constant feeling of "is it working or not"?

I like to keep mine working.  The 120mm fan is inudible so why not to keep the cpu fresh 😉.

That's why I do the same with my strix vga. I never use the 0 rpm mode

Well the PSU has a life expectancy of about 10 years, so, the least wear you put on that fan the better. They are more sturdy than case fans so it should still work.

GPU fans though, beware, they die fast 😉 

• Like 1