Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum Firmware Update Failed

I've tried reinstalling iCue with the same result.

2022-02-26 23_53_27-iCUE.png

With 4 DIMMs installed all the memory gives a message of "unavailable". With 2 DIMMs installed I was able to update the firmware on 2 DIMMs but they do not respond to iCUE. They show connected but lighting does not update. Default rainbow effect. The other 2 DIMMs now just show a Red light at the top and a Red light at the bottom. The software shows they are on the latest firmware but I never got a chance to update them.

spacer.png

Scene is set to Corsair Blue, DIMM 1 and 3 are default rainbow, DIMM 2 and 4 are just red dot.

spacer.png

I'm also seeing this message when I first open iCUE

I tried force updating the firmware of each DIMM with only 1 DIMM installed at a time. That seemed to work at updating the firmware and the 4 DIMMs are now on the default rainbow effect together but they are still not being detected by the motherboard. While updating I used the furthest DIMM slot from the CPU to update each DIMM. Only 1 of the DIMMs was ever detected successfully by iCUE.

Is this possible to resolve or am I stuck with RAM always being on rainbow effect?

I would contact Corsair Support through the link at the bottom or through the main website. Firmware updates are sometimes blocked or unsuccessful when anti-virus or other RGB programs interfere. However, RAM access is a little different and sometimes there are motherboard specific issues. I don’t recall any X570 Creator issues, but there are also not as many in circulation as the mainstream models. 

In the original screenshot, your RAM was configured as x8 for a quad channel board. I don’t think that would affect the update process, but it could affect the lighting output on some patterns. See if you can change it to the 1x4 setup if you have not done so already and if the program allows you to do so. 

Edited by c-attack

I think the 4 x 4 RAM configuration is just what showed up in the GUI because nothing was "detected".

The weird thing is that SignalRGB detects everything and can control it without issue... so it definitely seems to be a software issue with iCUE. And before you ask, no I didn't have them installed at the same time 🙂

I'll open a ticket as I'd rather use iCUE to control everything vs SignalRGB.

OK, make sure Signal RGB was not running in the background or some associated service.  A user the other day was being blocked from updating the firmware and that was the cause.  

• Corsair Employees

You also cannot be running Signal RGB at the same time as iCUE if you wish for iCUE control over the RGB Memory.

Right, I had not installed SignalRGB at the time of the screen shots. I uninstalled iCUE and then installed SignalRGB.