Corsair Community

4000x with iCUE SP120 RGB Elite Performance 120mm PWM Fan

I just finished my build in the 4000X and added 2 iCUE SP120 RGB Elite Performance 120mm PWM Fans.

I connected the RGB into the pre installed lighting node in de case, but they don't seem to be lighting up.

I tought the SP series worked with the 4000X fans into the same lighting node or did I read that wrong?

Hope someone can help, thanks!

I just reconnected everything on the hub and the usb cable on the motherboard, double checked if the rgb connectors are correct and in nr 4 and 5 on the lighting node. (1, 2 and 3 are the front pre installed fans) but no change.

The added fans rgb do work when I plug them in to nr 1, 2 or 3 where the pre installed fans are normally connected.

No mather what fan I connect pre installed or added to port 4 or 5 I don't get any light...

I'm guessing I need to fix some settings in iCue to but I just don't seem to find them...

I didn't try nr6 port since they are supposed to be in order, but I'll try that when I wake up. Kind of burned out from searching solutions and correct settings.

Hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Lagoyaz said:

2 iCUE SP120 RGB Elite Performance 120mm PWM Fans

Unfortunately this is the source of the problem. The SP-RGB fans were the original Corsair full spectrum RGB fan from several years back.  All subsequent fans are different and the SP-RGB cannot be used with any other fan type.  They must be on their own controller.  (Whoops. True but not relevant here)  

What you have in the case is the SP-Elite "8 LED fan".  It is a PWM fan with 8 center mounted LEDs.  These are available at retail.  Be aware there also is a SP-Pro "8 LED fan".  It is lighting compatible with all SP/ML-Elite fans (all have 8 LEDs), but it is a DC 3 pin motor.  Corsair seems to be moving away from supporting 3 pin DC fans, so it's hard to recommend buying the Pro version over the Elite unless there is a drastic price difference and you have the means to control them.  

Edited by c-attack

4 hours ago, c-attack said:

Unfortunately this is the source of the problem.  The SP-RGB fans were the original Corsair full spectrum RGB fan from several years back.  All subsequent fans are different and the SP-RGB cannot be used with any other fan type.  They must be on their own controller.

What you have in the case is the SP-Elite "8 LED fan".  It is a PWM fan with 8 center mounted LEDs.  These are available at retail.  Be aware there also is a SP-Pro "8 LED fan".  It is lighting compatible with all SP/ML-Elite fans (all have 8 LEDs), but it is a DC 3 pin motor.  Corsair seems to be moving away from supporting 3 pin DC fans, so it's hard to recommend buying the Pro version over the Elite unless there is a drastic price difference and you have the means to control them.  

This is very confusing, my added fans are the Elite Performance models... You say they won't work but then add that the SP Elite's will work and I have the Elite performance models?

Anyway I have allready confirmed that the case fans and my added iCUE SP120 RGB Elite Performance 120mm PWM Fans work together by switching the connections to a one of the first 3 slots on the lighting hub.

That way I'm using 1 of my added fans and 2 of the pre installed case fans and it works so I'm sure thats not the problem. I can use them in any combination of each other without any problem, I just can't seem to use more than the first 3 rgb headers of the lighting node.

I need to find a way to activate the nr's 4, 5 and 6 on the lighting hub and I should be good. I just have no idea how to do that?

No, I mis-read your original post while typing it on my phone. This is just another example of how critical the little additives in the name can be. 

So if they are all SP-Elite, then they should work. The Lighting Node Core is a serial controller, so a defect in fan LED or the RGB port circuitry will stop the lights at that point. However, this can make it difficult to differentiate between a bad fan or bad controller when the defective LED is the last or first one on a fan. 

Your explanation suggests there may be a problem with port #4, but you need to be careful of the #3 fan. Move #3 to the 6 position and then reconnect the others. If 1-5 come back on, there is a problem on #6. If still 1-3 on, 4-6 off, then it likely is a controller issue. You’ll need to contact Corsair support either way, but it’s better to pin down the issue beforehand.