Corsair Community

Failed TwinX-1024-4400XLPT

I spoke with a tech over the phone who recommended I loosen the timings on these and up the voltage. After following these recommendations I still get errors in memtest, SuperPI, Prime95, and general system instability. VDIMM is at +2 (2.8V) and I've tested timings of 2-3-2-5, 2-3-3-5, and 2.5-3-3-5.

??? No Such Model.

There's:

4400C25

3200XL

but NO 4400XL.

What CPU / FSB / Motherboard do you have?

What is the exact part # and revision # of each stick? Is it a TwinX pack?

How To Read the Memory Label

If you have more than one stick:

Is it a TwinX pack? If not, what is the revision # of each stick?

Did you test one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+?

Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Sorry bout that one... My brain slipped. I have the 3200XLPT in a Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI with an Athlon 64 FX-55. Everything is running stock, except for the memory settings I tried as specified in the first post.

Ok, has my thread been forgotten? Can I get an RMA, yet?

I'm really tired of my system being busted and I don't particularly want to buy new RAM just so my system will be stable... I bought this corsair memory because it came very highly recommended and very well reviewed, but support has been lacking, thus far.

• Corsair Employees

We can try replacing them, but from what you have posted it may be some other problem.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

P.S. And I am sorry your post got over looked, and I would try and reset the bios and then set the Dim Over Voltage control to +.2 Volts and test them one at a time if you have not done so.

We can try replacing them, but from what you have posted it may be some other problem.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

P.S. And I am sorry your post got over looked, and I would try and reset the bios and then set the Dim Over Voltage control to +.2 Volts and test them one at a time if you have not done so.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think it may not be the RAM? The only tests that fail are memory tests. But if you have something else to suggest, I'd be glad to try it, as I don't want to have to wait for new parts to use my machine to its real potential.

Also I have reset the BIOS to default and tested each individually, with the same tests.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? And on what test you get errors on each module? And do you get the exact same errors on both modules. From what you have posted this sound like you are getting errors with both modules and that would suggest some other problem. And please use http://www.memtest.org to test the modules. In addition, just because you get errors in a memory test does not always indicate the errors are coming from the memory. And if you can try testing the modules in another system, (Maybe a friend can help) that would help to isolate the memory from your system. Short of that I have no problem replacing the modules if you like.

Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? And on what test you get errors on each module? And do you get the exact same errors on both modules. From what you have posted this sound like you are getting errors with both modules and that would suggest some other problem. And please use http://www.memtest.org to test the modules. In addition, just because you get errors in a memory test does not always indicate the errors are coming from the memory. And if you can try testing the modules in another system, (Maybe a friend can help) that would help to isolate the memory from your system. Short of that I have no problem replacing the modules if you like.

I've mentioned in my previous posts what memory settings I've attempted and that the CPU has been at stock settings in each. The only other change besides this is that I usually have the parallel and serial ports disabled. I don't recall if I get the exact same errors, but I will try and test them individually again in the next few days making note of which errors I encounter with which stick.

• Corsair Employees

I looked back thru and the info I have asked for was not all there other than "VDIMM is at +2 (2.8V) and I've tested timings of 2-3-2-5, 2-3-3-5, and 2.5-3-3-5." So please be specific and list the complete settings you have set this will help us to find the problem and a solution.

Is this the MB you have "Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI with an Athalon 64 FX-55"?

If so please make sure that you have the latest bios installed and that you have a PSU that meets the MB maker’s specifications as that could be complicating the problem. Then I would just try and load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Over Voltage Control to +.2 Volts and don’t make any other changes and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. Also I would maybe see if a friend can help you test the modules in another MB to be sure.

Archived