Corsair Community

Think I've broke my new commander core

Hi so I've made a stupid mistake with my new h100i elite cappelix, I had 6 llfans connected all running smooth with fan control and rgb from icue.

I wanted to add some corsair led strips but made th stupid mistake of putting the led 3 pin connector into the 4 pin on the commander core, ever since then all my fans connected to the core run blasting at full speed.

I've tried everything from reseting the core with paper clip to uninstalling icue, repair install changing the usb ports sata ports but nothing works.

Only way I can get them to run normal is through the motherboard fan headers but I only have 3 of those so my pc sounds like a jet all the time.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or will I just need to buy a new aio? 

Thanks for any help.

Did you put that RGB connector into the PWM fan header?

6 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Did you put that RGB connector into the PWM fan header?

Unfortunately yes in one of the 6 fan headers on the commander core which came with my h100i elite cappelix.

I didn't realise there was a header for the 3 pin led strip on the smaller rgb hub which came with my pc case, I have that plugged in the correct header now there working fine.

Just any fans connected to the commander core blast at full speed and the commander core is hardwired to the aio.

It does sound like the PWM controller is blown. Although - I'm not sure exactly how as the circuit for the 12V fans wouldn't have been completed so I'm a bit mystified what, exactly, went awry.

I would contact Corsair support before buying a new AIO. They do have a separate part for the Commander Core [Capellix]: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/Commander-CORE-RGB-%26-PWM-Fan-Controller/p/CW-8960071.  But it's not in stock.