Corsair Community

7000x RGB 3 front fans lost RGB after installing iCUE v4.20.169

Hi, I wanted to change my RGB lighting on this brand new computer i got. The case is a 7000x.

Right after installation, the 3 fans on the front RGB disappeared, everything else is ok (back fan of case, corsair cpu cooler, ram)

I have tried to locate in the program anything that can control the 3 front fans without success... 

So now I have unistalled iCUE and these changes seems to be permanent, how do I restore the RGB colors to factory reset?

Here's the detail of my RGB components

Corsair H150i (works, can be controlled)

Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (works, can be controlled)

Corsair 7000x back fan (works can be controlled)

Corsair 7000x 3 front fans (no longer shows RGB after installing iCUE v4.20.169 and don't seem controllable)

I reinstalled iCUE once again to try and make them work without success. I did not expect this to happen to be frank. They were working fine before installing this program. Is there an easy way to rollback this? If not, 

In the commander core XT section i see 4 sections in the left (4-pin lighting effects, 3-pin lighting effects, cooling and device settings)

In the 4-pin lighting effects section, I ran the wizard to autodetect the RGB ports. Theres 3 fans/ports detected. When I change to any preset the back fan changes, two of the H150i fan changes (except one) So basically the 4-pin section points on:

Back fan and 2 of the 3 H150i fans. (weird to me but I don't know anything about this)

Now in the 3-Pin Lighting effects, nothing happens if I change anything there except in hardware lighting. If I do go in hardware lighting the same 3 ports/fans in the 4-pin section lose their RGB and no matter which preset i pick nothing works.

Super confused on what to do to fix this.

You need to add your own lighting effects.  Before CUE is installed or any time the program is not running, it drops into "hardware lighting mode" and displays a pattern saved to the device.  Once you install CUE for the first time, it wipes the slate clean so you can add your own.  

If you are using the Commander Core XT from the case, it should auto-detect fan type on power on.  If it does not, go to the Lighting Set-up tab and manually select the fan type (LED count) and number of fans on that controller.  The 7000x comes with Corsair SP-Elite which are the "8 LED fan series" along with the ML-Elite found on the Elite AIO series coolers.  Once you've done this, you should be able to add lighting effects to the Lighting Effects tab.

1 hour ago, c-attack said:

You need to add your own lighting effects.  Before CUE is installed or any time the program is not running, it drops into "hardware lighting mode" and displays a pattern saved to the device.  Once you install CUE for the first time, it wipes the slate clean so you can add your own.  

If you are using the Commander Core XT from the case, it should auto-detect fan type on power on.  If it does not, go to the Lighting Set-up tab and manually select the fan type (LED count) and number of fans on that controller.  The 7000x comes with Corsair SP-Elite which are the "8 LED fan series" along with the ML-Elite found on the Elite AIO series coolers.  Once you've done this, you should be able to add lighting effects to the Lighting Effects tab.

Thank you very much, setting them manually worked. Somehow the auto detection doesn't work for me.

This seems to happen every now and then.  There is no consequence to using manual vs auto-detect.  I would tend to set it manually so it doesn't run the auto-detect protocol on every boot.