Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro no longer recognized after firmware update

Received the rare message that a Firmware update was available for the Lighting Node Pro which controls four RGB fans and four lighting strips in my build.  Downloaded and upon restart these components remain dark, even during boot before iCue loads.  iCue does not show the Lighting Node Pro on the Home Page. How to re-enable?

Suggestions?

PS - the RGB fans themselves are working (i.e. spinning), just not the lighting.  Smells like a failed firmware update.

Have you perhaps tried reconnecting USB while the system is running (to force USB re-initialization)? You can just pull out the USB connector on the LNP and re-plug it.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:09 AM, DevBiker said:

Have you perhaps tried reconnecting USB while the system is running (to force USB re-initialization)? You can just pull out the USB connector on the LNP and re-plug it.

Tried that, no luck.  Again, prompted to upgrade firmware for Lighting Node Pro, did it. and upon rebooting all 4 RGB fans and 4 lighting strips dead.  Lighting Node Pro not showing in iCue Software.  Fans spinning.

17 minutes ago, LarrySinNJ said:

Tried that, no luck.  Again, prompted to upgrade firmware for Lighting Node Pro, did it. and upon rebooting all 4 RGB fans and 4 lighting strips dead.  Lighting Node Pro not showing in iCue Software.  Fans spinning.

And just reinstalled iCue Software without success.

Prompted to upgrade firmware for Lighting Node Pro, did it. and upon rebooting all 4 RGB fans and 4 lighting strips dead.  Lighting Node Pro not showing in iCue Software.  Fans spinning though.

And just reinstalled iCue Software without success.

26 minutes ago, LarrySinNJ said:

OK - so you reconnected the USB and the LNP showed up in iCUE? Is that how you got to upgrade the firmware?

If so, reconnected USB reset the device. You probably aren't seeing the device in iCUE because the LNP is in bootloader mode. Reset again ... but don't go through the firmware update. If you do that, do you have RGB?

19 hours ago, DevBiker said:

OK - so you reconnected the USB and the LNP showed up in iCUE? Is that how you got to upgrade the firmware?

If so, reconnected USB reset the device. You probably aren't seeing the device in iCUE because the LNP is in bootloader mode. Reset again ... but don't go through the firmware update. If you do that, do you have RGB?

To clarify:

1. Prompted to upgrade firmware for LNP.  Did so, and continued to work on computer.  Lighting not changed.
  2. Upon reboot, lighting strips and RGB fans not lit.  Fans spinning. 
  3. LNP not showing up in iCue 4.
  4. Rebooted again, no change.
  5. Reconnected the USB, and the LNP still did not show up.   
  6. Did a clean uninstall/reinstall of iCue (including deleting Corsair folders in \Program Files, \Program Files(x86), and Corsair folders in Registry. 

Still no sign of the LNP.

Again, guessing a corrupted firmware upgrade toasted the LNP.

Did you disconnect/reconnect the USB while it was going?

As I mentioned, it sounds like it's still in bootloader mode. And that's also what happened before. IIRC, you need to disconnect and reconnect the USB while the system is running/powered. You mention reconnecting the USB but it's not clear that it was while the system was up.

You can also use the pin hole to a) put into bootloader mode and then b) reset by disconnecting/reconnecting USB.

It's fairly obvious that the firmware flash didn't work. But that rarely actually kills the device; there's just a bunch of non-intuitive rigamarole that you have to go through to get it back.

5 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Did you disconnect/reconnect the USB while it was going?

As I mentioned, it sounds like it's still in bootloader mode. And that's also what happened before. IIRC, you need to disconnect and reconnect the USB while the system is running/powered. You mention reconnecting the USB but it's not clear that it was while the system was up.

You can also use the pin hole to a) put into bootloader mode and then b) reset by disconnecting/reconnecting USB.

It's fairly obvious that the firmware flash didn't work. But that rarely actually kills the device; there's just a bunch of non-intuitive rigamarole that you have to go through to get it back.

Yes, I disconnected/reconnected with the power on and while in Windows.

Not sure what you mean about a pinhole - is there a reset hole on the LNP?

If not, what is the rigamarole you mention above?

Thanks much for your help.

Yes, there is a pin hole on the top of the LNP. Hold that down and insert the USB cable. That should put it into bootloader mode.

From there, remove the USB cable and then re-insert it.

That's all from memory but I think that's right.

• Corsair Employee
11 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Yes, there is a pin hole on the top of the LNP. Hold that down and insert the USB cable. That should put it into bootloader mode.

From there, remove the USB cable and then re-insert it.

That's all from memory but I think that's right.

That's correct @DevBiker

@LarrySinNJIf you need the firmware for the LNP let me know so I can get it to you.

Heya,

I've been going through the exact problem and have tried all the solutions listed with no luck.

My PC has two lighting node pros which one is wired to the LED strips and the other to the fans but on disconnecting both it seems that both nodes are in control of the LED strips somehow. Would it be possible to get the 10.3 firmware for the nodes please? Or any other older one.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
8 hours ago, Apix said:

Heya,

I've been going through the exact problem and have tried all the solutions listed with no luck.

My PC has two lighting node pros which one is wired to the LED strips and the other to the fans but on disconnecting both it seems that both nodes are in control of the LED strips somehow. Would it be possible to get the 10.3 firmware for the nodes please? Or any other older one.

Thanks

I see you've created a ticket and are requesting different firmware.  I've forwarded your ticket to a representative to assist.

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue after upgrading firmware to version 0.10.4. It turned out that when I upgraded firmware, the settings was totally changed. Managed to get it working again by adjusting the settings:

• Lighting Setup: I specified that I have LL RGB Series Fan. I also set the amount to 3. 
  • Lighting Channel 1: Device controlled by scenes, and I kept it like that.
  • Hardware Lighting Channel 1: This is the fan lighting during boot etc. Kept Rainbow Wave.

spacer.png