Corsair Community

Parts compatibility

TheCohen

Hi guys.

I'm planning on updating few parts on my PC and I wanted your input whether these parts are compatible with each other, if all fan connectors (both pwm and rgb) will work together with the commander pro (I think I should get a commander core with the fans, not sure) and if all lights can be synced to each other.

The list is:

- QL fans (6-9 fans)

- Commander pro

- Dominator RAM

- Corsair H150i Elite Capellix

Thank you for your assitance!

Edited by TheCohen
typo

I don't see any issues with this.  It is all part of the Corsair eco system.  In my recently built system I used the Commander Core that came with my H170i Elite Capellix to control the fans of the AIO.  You will need to use this regardless since the AIO plugs into the Commander Core that comes with  the H150i and is required.  I then used a Commander Core XT to control the remaining fans in conjunction with the Fan splitter that is built into the case ( I have 11 fans in my build so I decided to use the splitter that came with my 7000D case). 

You can probably manage to get all the fans plugged in to the Commander Core from the H150i and the Commander Core XT (would need to buy separately).  You could use the Commander Pro but if you do you will need to utilize one of the RGB hubs that comes with the QL fans.  The Commander Pro does not have RGB headers specially for the QL fans, just the 4 pin fan power headers.  Depending on the number of headers you have on the board you may need to get the NZXT internal USB hub though you should be able to get by if you have 2 usb 2.0 headers on your board and use the splitter that comes with the AIO.  In addition if you used the Commander Pro then you have 2 USB headers on that to use.

Edited by mpoffo

51 minutes ago, mpoffo said:

I don't see any issues with this.  It is all part of the Corsair eco system.  In my recently built system I used the Commander Core that came with my H170i Elite Capellix to control the fans of the AIO.  You will need to use this regardless since the AIO plugs into the Commander Core that comes with  the H150i and is required.  I then used a Commander Core XT to control the remaining fans in conjunction with the Fan splitter that is built into the case ( I have 11 fans in my build so I decided to use the splitter that came with my 7000D case). 

You can probably manage to get all the fans plugged in to the Commander Core from the H150i and the Commander Core XT (would need to buy separately).  You could use the Commander Pro but if you do you will need to utilize one of the RGB hubs that comes with the QL fans.  The Commander Pro does not have RGB headers specially for the QL fans, just the 4 pin fan power headers.  Depending on the number of headers you have on the board you may need to get the NZXT internal USB hub though you should be able to get by if you have 2 usb 2.0 headers on your board and use the splitter that comes with the AIO.  In addition if you used the Commander Pro then you have 2 USB headers on that to use.

So would you recommend ditching the commander pro for commander core XT?

Do you think I'm missing a product to finish this off? 

The Commander Core XT natively supports both 6 pwn fan headers and 6 RGB headers.  If you already have the Commander Pro though I would use it.  You will just need to use one of the RGB hubs included with the QL fans to control the RGB on the fans that are not hooked up to your Capellix Commander Core. So it would take up an extra USB header somewhere.  Commander Core XT vs Commander Pro is a bit of a personal decision.  The Core XT makes it very easy to hook up to 6 fans (both PWN and RGB) where the Pro gives you more temp ports, 2 USB headers.

I don't think you are missing anything.  Some things to consider though would be the length of the cable you need given your case selection.   While the cables are fairly long, for a larger case you may need fan extensions and possibly Corsair type RGB extensions (see Piratedogtech online for these).  Also depending on how you want to configure things the NZXT 2.0 Internal Hub 3.0 might be something that would help but you should be able to get by without it most likely.

hi guys..

yes i agree. go for the Commander Core XT,, great device 🙂 

more info on the Commander Core XT here

10 hours ago, mpoffo said:

The Commander Core XT natively supports both 6 pwn fan headers and 6 RGB headers.  If you already have the Commander Pro though I would use it.  You will just need to use one of the RGB hubs included with the QL fans to control the RGB on the fans that are not hooked up to your Capellix Commander Core. So it would take up an extra USB header somewhere.  Commander Core XT vs Commander Pro is a bit of a personal decision.  The Core XT makes it very easy to hook up to 6 fans (both PWN and RGB) where the Pro gives you more temp ports, 2 USB headers.

I don't think you are missing anything.  Some things to consider though would be the length of the cable you need given your case selection.   While the cables are fairly long, for a larger case you may need fan extensions and possibly Corsair type RGB extensions (see Piratedogtech online for these).  Also depending on how you want to configure things the NZXT 2.0 Internal Hub 3.0 might be something that would help but you should be able to get by without it most likely.

I don't have yet a Commander pro. But after reading here I think I should get 2 Commander cores XT due to the amount of wanted fans in the case (9, Lian li o11).

You could go that route.  1 Commander Core XT and the Commander Core from the H150I will cover 12 fans total.  I don't see that a second Core XT would be needed.

Edited by mpoffo
  • Like 1