Corsair Community

Is there a Best Practices for installing more than 6 fans? I need 12 for D1000

Irakandjii

I would like to attach an monitor 14 fans in my system 6 are RGB and 8 are ML's.  12 are mounted to the rads in a push pull configuration.

I discovered the fans are out of sync and the mother board controller is inflexible making adjustment difficult.   

I would like to migrate all fans to icue.  That being said I would like to understand how I would do this properly?

1) Do I need 2 Commander Pros?  If so will they work together?  I currently have a commander Pro and lighting node. 

2) Or do I buy a 3rd party "fan multiplier" ... to bring in additional power.  Since 12 fans can demand a lot of current. 

The best way would be to buy a powered pwm hub that you connect on one of your commander pro fan plug. Your pwm hub will repeat the icue speed parameter and provide the power.

Thanks SephanM, I was doing that.  Unfortunately there was a problem and the speeds on the fans got out of sync. so my push pull rad got a bit wonky.   It could be the fan or it could be the controller. I don't know because you only see what the commander is sending to the PWM hub not what the fans are transmitting..

I have purchased a Commander XT so I should be able to see all relevant speeds now and control the LEDS thought the Commander PRO with the additional LED hub.  Oddly this combination is insufficient to meet the needs of a fully loaded case.

I guess I just expected better design support from Corsair because they sell these cases with a lot of fan capacity.  Also fans seem to be a big part of their business.