Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2PT Dead / RMA Request

I purchased my TWINX CMX512-3200C2PT modules about two years ago, and they've worked pretty well with my Asus A7N8X Deluxe mother board, especially with the dual ram feature. Recently, one of the modules just stopped working. If the module is in the memory slot the computer will not boot and I will get a blue screen error. This actually messes up my boot process all together and I almost had to reformat my harddrive to get it to work again. I've tried this ram module in another friend's computer, one that is compatible with the module found via your compatability list, and the same error came again. He ended up having to reformat his hard drive. I was careless in that I did not write down the error, but I'm afraid to place the ram in my computer as I don't want to lose everything on my hard drive. The modules are both still intact with warranty stickers and everything I would like to have an RMA to send it back to you guys to see if you can find out what's wrong with it or if it needs to be replaced. I also would like to mention I've got through the notes, but nothing has changed in my BIOS at all before the module ceased to function. Actually, nothing changed at all with my system, the module just decided to stop working. Hopefully this can be resolved and hopefully I qualify for an RMA.

Thank you,

DauthiMarauder

Archived