Corsair Community

LS100 Seeming to not get enough power for all LED sticks [+ Expansion Bundle]

Wondering if anyone is having this problem too,

So i have the LS100 + expansion for my monitors and since purchasing last year around march, the last two LED bars don't seem to be getting enough power when emitting the whites causing them to go yellow. This is only happening when using white and my thought that the command box powering them doesn't have enough power for the last two. 

This image's are shown with the colour being full white.

70bd5d6850f9aefd983619f54b4bf78b.jpg61fd50a67b87feb4cb28991a2d572330.png

Here is a loop effect i did starting with the last two LED sticks. As seen, they cannot keep the same brightness when all of the LEDS admit white.

45f26ebfb543f21acbe8373c0abf7868.gif

What's peoples thoughts on this and is there a possible fix to this issue?

General question on the L100 - does it work stand alone as lighting with no PC ..? 

I see it comes with a wall wart 

Edited by QuaZar-Kid
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, QuaZar-Kid said:

General question on the L100 - does it work stand alone as lighting with no PC ..? 

I see it comes with a wall wart 

no, it needs icue to setup and work.  you have to look for something else to work standalone.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:49 AM, Exclusive_ said:

Wondering if anyone is having this problem too,

So i have the LS100 + expansion for my monitors and since purchasing last year around march, the last two LED bars don't seem to be getting enough power when emitting the whites causing them to go yellow. This is only happening when using white and my thought that the command box powering them doesn't have enough power for the last two. 

This image's are shown with the colour being full white.

70bd5d6850f9aefd983619f54b4bf78b.jpg61fd50a67b87feb4cb28991a2d572330.png

Here is a loop effect i did starting with the last two LED sticks. As seen, they cannot keep the same brightness when all of the LEDS admit white.

45f26ebfb543f21acbe8373c0abf7868.gif

What's peoples thoughts on this and is there a possible fix to this issue?

hi

I have been using the ls100 for almost a year and a half and my unit stopped working so I had to return it.

the new kit is working now. (single monitor)   as you know the ls100 colors are quite bleached using the video "ambient" mode

but solid colors usually work fine.

was the white "whiter" in the beginning?  in that case the bars  or the controller can be defective.

Have you tried re installing icue?  or swap a working bar with a yellow one?

I would think about returning the kit before the warranty runs out.

On 2/18/2022 at 3:26 PM, zultan said:

the new kit is working now. (single monitor)

If i just use the main 4 (what comes with the standard package) everything works fine with no issues. Just when turning on the expansion Bundle is where is the colours start to fade as seen in the video.

was the white "whiter" in the beginning?  in that case the bars  or the controller can be defective.

All the strips when testing was the same white. I believe it must be something with the box powering them as it cant draw enough power out. I've managed to slightly improve the colour by playing around with power wire so it could be now ether a connection problem or faulty box.

Have you tried re installing icue?  or swap a working bar with a yellow one?

Yep, Reinstalled and changed over a bar for a different one and seems to be still the last 2.

I'm not too fussed on this issue as i never have the bars on full white unless watching a movie or sometimes gaming with the ambient effect but i still would like to get this fixed.

• Like 1

Question for you - are the strips connected in a single series? One to the next to the next to the next?

Or are you using the Y-cable that comes with the expansion sets?

14 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Question for you - are the strips connected in a single series? One to the next to the next to the next?

They are connected next to next to next with the last one not connecting back to the box

Believe your talking about the 1 to 2 way splitter. If so I'm not using it. just the standard male to female cable

18 hours ago, DevBiker said:

this guy connected the strips next next next

is it correct?

it's a single wide monitor but I think it's like a two monitors setup

When you use the extensions, you are supposed to use the Y-cable that comes in the expansion kit. It lets you inject +5V into the other end of the chain.

That's what I suspect you need to do and what your issue is. You **will** get voltage drop from long runs and that's why they include the Y cable (and also why the instructions say to use it!)

As for that guy? I've no clue. No idea who he is or what is experience/expertise level is specifically with Corsair/iCUE products so I'm not going to venture to say anything at all regarding the quality or technical accuracy of his videos. But just because someone is on YouTube doesn't mean that they are an authority or know WTF they are talking about. Even the "premium" tech tubers get technical details wrong all the time, especially with RGB.

3 hours ago, DevBiker said:

When you use the extensions, you are supposed to use the Y-cable that comes in the expansion kit. It lets you inject +5V into the other end of the chain.

That's what I suspect you need to do and what your issue is. You **will** get voltage drop from long runs and that's why they include the Y cable (and also why the instructions say to use it!)

As for that guy? I've no clue. No idea who he is or what is experience/expertise level is specifically with Corsair/iCUE products so I'm not going to venture to say anything at all regarding the quality or technical accuracy of his videos. But just because someone is on YouTube doesn't mean that they are an authority or know WTF they are talking about. Even the "premium" tech tubers get technical details wrong all the time, especially with RGB.

I see, My bad for not noticing this. 

I've just read back through the manual and it does in fact say this and must of missed it.

changing the cable over to the Y cable and connecting it up correctly has fixed my issue!

I apology's for the fuss "DevBiker" but thank you for helping me with this.👍

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Exclusive_ said:

I see, My bad for not noticing this. 

I've just read back through the manual and it does in fact say this and must of missed it.

changing the cable over to the Y cable and connecting it up correctly has fixed my issue!

I apology's for the fuss "DevBiker" but thank you for helping me with this.👍

W00t!! Glad to hear that you are sorted!!

Love it when a plan comes together ...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DevBiker said:

I don't own the extension kit.  I was not meaning the guy in the video is an RGB master.

I was just asking because it seemed to be working that way.  I'm glad that exclusive could fix his problem!  👍

• Like 1