Corsair Community

Corsair ICUE 5000X And RGB-Fans

AlisAquilae

So, I've read multiple threads about topics similar to this already, but got confused by many terms being flung around and some stuff which seemed contradictory to me. So, I decided to simply explain my situation and ask directly instead.

I'm planning on building a pc using the Corsair ICUE 5000X. I plan on adding an NZXT Kraken X73 and swapping out the fans on it for Phanteks T30-120s. Moreover, I want to add 4 of the same fans as come included with the case (Corsair SP-120 Elite). 

Now, I am under the impression that the case comes with both a Lightning Node Core and a Commander Pro, which respectively take care of the rgb element and the pmw element. My question is how many of either product Lightning Node Core and Commander Pro) I need. Based off of the fact that a lightning node core only supports 6 rgb fans (and I plan on using 7), I think I would need an extra one, right? But what about the Commander Pro? Is the one that comes with the case enough?

Thanks in advance!

So, I did a bit more research, and found out I was completely off. I've formulated a different plan and wanted to ask you guys whether this will work.

The case only comes with a PWM-repeater, nothing else. When buying the fans I want, I'll get a Lighting Node Core (NoCo). I want to use 7 rgb fans in total (10 if you count the ones on the AIO, but I plan on daisy-chaining those and plugging them onto the AIO header on my motherboard). If I buy a Commander Core XT (CoCo), I can take care of 6/7, which wouldn't be enough. Now, I could buy another one, but I think I should also be able to plug 1 (or more if that's more useful with regards to cable length and placement) into the NoCo (the rgb part) and the PWM Repeater (the PWM Part) and connect both of those to the CoCo. That way, all the rgb fans should be able to be RGB and PWM controlled (I think).

Is this correct?

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2022 at 10:33 AM, AlisAquilae said:

So, I did a bit more research, and found out I was completely off. I've formulated a different plan and wanted to ask you guys whether this will work.

The case only comes with a PWM-repeater, nothing else. When buying the fans I want, I'll get a Lighting Node Core (NoCo). I want to use 7 rgb fans in total (10 if you count the ones on the AIO, but I plan on daisy-chaining those and plugging them onto the AIO header on my motherboard). If I buy a Commander Core XT (CoCo), I can take care of 6/7, which wouldn't be enough. Now, I could buy another one, but I think I should also be able to plug 1 (or more if that's more useful with regards to cable length and placement) into the NoCo (the rgb part) and the PWM Repeater (the PWM Part) and connect both of those to the CoCo. That way, all the rgb fans should be able to be RGB and PWM controlled (I think).

Is this correct?

Did that work for you?  Started a very similar build today with the 5000x and 10 fans (including the 3 with the corsair lcd aio).  Pretty damned confused on how to get all 10 fans connected and controllable especially since my new MB only has 2 usb 2.0 headers.