Corsair Community

Corsair LL120 RGB flicker

Hey guys - my LL RGB fans repeatedly flicker - all the same time. Software is totally updated (iCue, Windows, Commander - there is nothing). I already bought a new commander pro and changed the node, but still the same problem. I switched the sata connection in case the power supply was the problem. No changes. Maybe u have any suggestions for me? I really doubt that 6 LL fans have the same issue at the same time. So ether its a hardware problem between the fans and the mainboard or the software sux. Already deinstalled and reinstalled the software - on different harddrives. 

Ty 

On the Commander Pro the lighting is a series circuit, so a single bad fan can cause interruptions like this. Sometimes it’s very obvious and fans go dark after the bad spot. Other times you get the flicker. You probably need to test each fan 1 at a time in slot 1 of the RGB hub. Use something like static white to make sure all LEDs are being tested. 

hm - maybe u got the problem. I tried to controll the fans separatly. 1st was no problem, on off instantly, no issues. 2nd  - half of the leds turned off, rest of the colours persist. After that - tried to turn 3-6 off in a row - nothing happened, effect was stuck. took about 1 min til they tunred off. now 2-6 flicker again 😄 well thats weird. so do u think this means 2nd-6th are not working? or its just the 2 causing the problems? gonna disconnect the 2nd of the node and try controlling them separatly again. 

It's most likely just one fan.  You probably need to do the tedious 1 at time test in slot 1.  Things are a lot easier when the LED blows out and the signal goes dead stop and you get dark fans and clear place to check.  However, a partial break or similar defect that causes intermittent power delivery will cause the flicker and that can make it look like everything is out of order.