Corsair Community

h100i Elite LCD can't change Fancurve

Hey all, 

Im using the h100i Elite LCD and with ICUE, I can't update or change any settings regarding the fan speed. Its connected to the commander core xt.

In ICUE only the aio cooling shows. So far my fans running at 2000 rpm while the cpu temp is only about 50°. 

How do I apply the settings in ICUE? I googled for 2hours now and 0 solution so far... changings in the drop down menues wont appy anything..

thanks

nohai

Can you elaborate on your set up?  The Elite AIO requires you use the Commander Core for pump power and control. Therefore it makes sense to use that as the fan/RGB controller as well. How does the Commander XT fit into this?

Sorry that was my bad. Thought the commander core was the xt. I have the rgb and fans on the commander core that was delivered with the AIO and connected it via the Y-cable on the usb slot on the mainboard. The time my PC starts all the fans are quiet but the moment I start a game the fans on the cpu go to 100%. Even tho my temperature isnt high. In idle, the cpu temp hovers aroung 30-40° and while gaming the cpu hovers between 50-65°. After I close the game the temps go back to 30° but the fans stay at 100%

OK, I think we just need to get you set up with some proper fans curves.  The default settings on the Commanders are always the best solution.

1) Go to the cooling tab in the Commander Core.  This should show all connected PWM fans. Click the + to create a new custom cooling curve.

2) It will default to something that might be reasonable for CPU temp control, but that is not what you want.  Go to the shape tools in the lower right corner and click on the 2nd from the left.  The label "Quiet" will appear to the left and the other two curves are the standard balanced and extreme curves for AIO water cooling.  (orange arrow)

3) Change the sensor choice to "H100i Elite temp".  This is the coolant temp in the AIO and the proper control variable for any water cooling. (yellow)

4) Go back up top and change all connected fans to Custom Cooling 1 (light blue).  You can rename the fan curve in the left margin by clicking on it.  Since a lot of the coolant temp is dependent on ambient case temperature and non-radiator fans also work to address internal case temperature, there is a logical connection for this and all the fans will speed up as case temp or coolant temp increase over time.  You do not need the fans to react to CPU temp in a water cooling system and I suspect that is what is happening now.

This is one on my Commander Pro and there is no AIO attached, but the UI should look identical on the Commander Core.

Screenshot (255).jpg

Edited by c-attack

Ok I did all the thing you described to me. But for some mysterious thing, the fans wont adapt the custom settings (im german so its "benutzerdefiniert" here) (picture 1) 

@nohaiThe picture did not post on this end.  Try changing the fans speed to fixed RPM or PWM % to see if they respond.

Also, we probably should talk about what fans are on the controller.  Some Corsair RGB fans are DC motors and will not be controllable on a PWM only Commander Core, although that did not seem to be the problem you were describing with the ramping up and down.

Edited by c-attack