Corsair Community

Sound issue with HS60 Pro headset

Hello everyone, I recently bought a Corsair HS60 Pro headset and I've been very happy with it so far. However, there's a small and rare issue regarding (I think) Corsair's software/drivers. Sometimes when running GTA 5 all sounds stop for a second when I minimize the game. The most annoying part is that the game's audio remains muted, I actually have to restart the game to fix it. It also happened once after launching Minecraft, but in that case the sound came back so I didn't have to restart the game.

According to event viewer it's always AUDIODG.exe that crashes. Also there's a pattern between exception codes and faulting modules. When the exception code is 0xc0000005 the faulting module path is C:\Windows\system32\9EarsSurroundSound.dll and when the exception code is 0xc0000374 the faulting module path is C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll.

The issue only occurs when iCUE is automatically switching from one profile to another, which of course happens when launching or minimizing a game. Also the higher the load on the system the more likely it is to occur. I'm running iCUE 3.38.61 I can't update to iCUE 4 because my mouse is not supported. Has anyone else had any similar problems with Corsair headsets and software?

• Corsair Employees
4 hours ago, JohnX125 said:

Hello everyone, I recently bought a Corsair HS60 Pro headset and I've been very happy with it so far. However, there's a small and rare issue regarding (I think) Corsair's software/drivers. Sometimes when running GTA 5 all sounds stop for a second when I minimize the game. The most annoying part is that the game's audio remains muted, I actually have to restart the game to fix it. It also happened once after launching Minecraft, but in that case the sound came back so I didn't have to restart the game.

According to event viewer it's always AUDIODG.exe that crashes. Also there's a pattern between exception codes and faulting modules. When the exception code is 0xc0000005 the faulting module path is C:\Windows\system32\9EarsSurroundSound.dll and when the exception code is 0xc0000374 the faulting module path is C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll.

The issue only occurs when iCUE is automatically switching from one profile to another, which of course happens when launching or minimizing a game. Also the higher the load on the system the more likely it is to occur. I'm running iCUE 3.38.61 I can't update to iCUE 4 because my mouse is not supported. Has anyone else had any similar problems with Corsair headsets and software?

Hey JohnX125, what kind of mouse do you have that isn't supported? You may need to update to the newest iCUE (using a different mouse if possible for now until I know what kind of mouse you have). Please also check out the release notes here. I feel like the profile switching issues have been addressed since but you can also contact support to see if they can help you further as well. I'm also thinking you don't have to reset the game to fix it - you can go into your Windows sound settings and see what audio is taking precedent. Anyways, I hope I shed some light on your issue.

1 hour ago, Corsair Angie said:

Hey JohnX125, what kind of mouse do you have that isn't supported? You may need to update to the newest iCUE (using a different mouse if possible for now until I know what kind of mouse you have). Please also check out the release notes here. I feel like the profile switching issues have been addressed since but you can also contact support to see if they can help you further as well. I'm also thinking you don't have to reset the game to fix it - you can go into your Windows sound settings and see what audio is taking precedent. Anyways, I hope I shed some light on your issue.

I have a Sabre RGB Optical mouse, it's like the only mouse not supported in iCUE 4 lol. Also I did go through the release notes but didn't find anything about profile switching or sound issues, maybe they didn't mention it because it's not very wide spread who knows. About restarting games, I already tried the solution you suggested but it didn't work. I was thinking about trying an older version of iCUE to see if it fixes it. Is there a way you could provide me like a link or something because I can't find any previous versions anywhere.

Edited by JohnX125

• Corsair Employees
On 2/9/2022 at 1:17 PM, JohnX125 said:

I have a Sabre RGB Optical mouse, it's like the only mouse not supported in iCUE 4 lol. Also I did go through the release notes but didn't find anything about profile switching or sound issues, maybe they didn't mention it because it's not very wide spread who knows. About restarting games, I already tried the solution you suggested but it didn't work. I was thinking about trying an older version of iCUE to see if it fixes it. Is there a way you could provide me like a link or something because I can't find any previous versions anywhere.

Ah I see - yes unfortunately that mouse isn't support. Definitely reach out to support so they can give the direct links to firm wares or anything else as I can't do much here. I've also brought up your issue to Corsair Albert so he is aware since he also deals more with these firm wares issues as well.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem with my Virtuoso, sometimes when I change the profile, or when come back of standby, or go out of range and come back, most of cthe ommunications apps (Teamspeak, discord, games) stop working the audio and I have to configure other in/out and go back to the Virtuoso to get it working again (in case of games, just work again when reopened).

I had already reinstalled sound driver, the old and new ICue (version 3 and 4), I also opened a ticket at corsair support, updated the firmware that was provided and they even sent me a new one for replacement, after that all I tried format my PC, and the problem persist. Now they suggest the return of the product and refund. 😕

I really wanted can fix this and keep with the Virtuoso...

• 4 weeks later...

Just posted on another one of your threads... similar issue.

I have Corsair Vengeance RGB RT RAM, Lightning Node Pro, K68 Keyboard, Void Pro Headset

ASUS TUF B550M PLUS motherboard, ASUS Strix RX6650

All set up correctly. Somewhat regular crashes.

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 4.24.193.0, time stamp: 0x627bd766
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22000.708, time stamp: 0xb998b765
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000000000010c729
Faulting process id: 0x4ab4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d87d7b2228c882
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll