Corsair Community

Celsius Decimal for iCUE

FlangeMonkey

Hi Guys,

As a feature request can we please get decimalisation for Celsius, even if its only 0.5.  It will give more granular control and viability within iCUE for Celsius.

As Fahrenheit is on a longer scale its getting more granularity and control, however the majority of equipment is in Celsius rather than Fahrenheit, like HDDs, so I don't want to move over to Fahrenheit.

Thanks,

+1 to this. Voltage too...

image.png.4181f9a6938e313b1b546b0afe115513.png

There is absolutely no point to the minima and maxima readings on these graphs when they're integer only.

Corsair controllers aren't exactly precise when it comes to PWM stability, speed readout and temperature sensor accuracy. i'm not sure adding decimals will be helpful for these.

But adding the possibility for the user to chose how many decimal points to display like some other cooling company does would be nice 😛

On 2/9/2022 at 9:30 AM, FlangeMonkey said:

As a feature request can we please get decimalisation for Celsius, even if its only 0.5

Do you mean being able to set control points at decimal values?  For instance, fan speed 700 rpm at 24.5C, 900 at 28.5C, etc.?  

I am still getting used to having the hundredths place on the decimal side and not sure that was necessary.  It shifts the visual focus to the right of the decimal that doesn't really matter (Vcore excepted that always had X.xx values).  It's hard to make an argument that control on tenths or readings in the hundredths are more than window dressing.

Edited by c-attack

On 2/9/2022 at 9:30 AM, FlangeMonkey said:

so I don't want to move over to Fahrenheit

Nor should you have to.  I would hope this all designed around Celsius.  Something just wrong about looking at these values in Fahrenheit.

11 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Do you mean being able to set control points at decimal values?  For instance, fan speed 700 rpm at 24.5C, 900 at 28.5C, etc.?  

I am still getting used to having the hundredths place on the decimal side and not sure that was necessary.  It shifts the visual focus to the right of the decimal that doesn't really matter (Vcore excepted that always had X.xx values).  It's hard to make an argument that control on tenths or readings in the hundredths are more than window dressing.

For aircooling, it's pretty much useless since CPU temp varies by a lot

For AIOs, the water temp varies less, but still has a decent swing, so i guess it doesn't matter too much either.

For custom loop it could matter if iCUE was able to do virtual sensors, but as it is, it's not really useful.

when you control fan speed by water temp minus ambient temp, you can have your whole fan curve contained in a 7 or 8°C range most of the time.

And we don't know if iCUE only displays temps as integers but manages fan curves with decimals under the hood.

could be just a display thing

• Like 1