Corsair Community

First ever Corsair Keyboard K55 - issue with iCue

I connected my new K55 keyboard that I bought from Amazon and installed iCue from a download off the website.

I haven't figured out what the cause is, but it appears to be if I've been away from the keyboard.  Anyway, on occasions I cannot get the software to change the profile or I cannot change a lighting effect.  The keyboard colours appear 'stuck'.  Either a usb re-insert sorts it or changing the 'speed' in the iCue also works.

On connecting the K/B it recognised there was an update for it and it went ahead and updated the K55.  So as far as I am aware I am on the latest versions for everything.

Am I missing something?

• Corsair Employee

Hi BobC_UK,

We first recommend performing a clean install of iCUE. Please follow the steps below:

Open your computer's Control Panel.
Open the Programs and Features options.
Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.
Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.
Type %appdata% and press Enter.
Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.
Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ for iCUE 3, or C:\Program Files\ for iCUE 4.
Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.
Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the Corsair folder.
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the Corsair folder.
Restart your computer.
Download a new installer file for iCUE from Corsair.com and reinstall.

If you need assistance with these steps, please reach out to our support team.

On 2/9/2022 at 1:12 AM, Corsair Blade said:

Hi BobC_UK,

We first recommend performing a clean install of iCUE. Please follow the steps below:

Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ for iCUE 3, or C:\Program Files\ for iCUE 4.
Restart your computer.

I did all that and although it initially seemed to sort the issue, after putting the PC to sleep, on wake up the issue returns if iCue is running.  iCue qill chnage from the hardware default to a solid Red which is not in either of the two profiles I've created and selecting either of these two will not select the saved scheme.  If I exit iCue the KB reverts to H/Q OK.  If I then reload iCue it will display the default profile scheme but I cannot select the other scheme.  If I then change the Device polling rate, the keyboard will briefly show the default scheme (Cyan colour) and then go solid red which as I said is in neither of my profiles and I cannot select either. 

I then unplug/replug  the USB and the K/B is in H/W mode and I can select the usual function key assignnmets to change, like FN+1  and Fn+`  to reset.  I then load iCue  amd the default profile will load and replace whatever theme I had selected on the K/B.  However, a press of any key will then turn off all the leds and there is no lights at all.  Even changing the button brightness doesn't work.  It's dead.  In iCue changing from the default profile to the other does nothing.  If I then change the polling rate windows detects that the K/B has been disconnected and makes the windows sound for that.  A second or so later after the polling change windows recognises the hardware, briefly display the last H/W theme I had had and then reverts to a solid red.  Deja vu.

Something is wrong.  Help!

• Corsair Employee
On 2/9/2022 at 1:12 AM, Corsair Blade said:

Hi BobC_UK,

Restart your computer.

I did all that and although it initially seemed to sort the issue, after putting the PC to sleep, on wake up the issue returns if iCue is running.  iCue qill chnage from the hardware default to a solid Red which is not in either of the two profiles I've created and selecting either of these two will not select the saved scheme.  If I exit iCue the KB reverts to H/Q OK.  If I then reload iCue it will display the default profile scheme but I cannot select the other scheme.  If I then change the Device polling rate, the keyboard will briefly show the default scheme (Cyan colour) and then go solid red which as I said is in neither of my profiles and I cannot select either. 

I then unplug/replug  the USB and the K/B is in H/W mode and I can select the usual function key assignnmets to change, like FN+1  and Fn+`  to reset.  I then load iCue  amd the default profile will load and replace whatever theme I had selected on the K/B.  However, a press of any key will then turn off all the leds and there is no lights at all.  Even changing the button brightness doesn't work.  It's dead.  In iCue changing from the default profile to the other does nothing.  If I then change the polling rate windows detects that the K/B has been disconnected and makes the windows sound for that.  A second or so later after the polling change windows recognises the hardware, briefly display the last H/W theme I had had and then reverts to a solid red.  Deja vu.

Something is wrong.  Help!

Hi BobC_UK,

I have gone ahead and created a Technical Support ticket on your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email in the next 24-48 hours for a reply from them about this issue. For future ticket creation, you can actually create one yourself right here: https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Corsair Employee
1 hour ago, BobC_UK said:

I did all that and although it initially seemed to sort the issue, after putting the PC to sleep, on wake up the issue returns if iCue is running.  iCue qill chnage from the hardware default to a solid Red which is not in either of the two profiles I've created and selecting either of these two will not select the saved scheme. 

Sounds like you have the MSI software installed for your motherboard and it is taking exclusive control over the RGB of your keyboard. You will need to either disable the third-party hardware RGB control in the MSI software or navigate to the iCUE Settings > Software and Games > and turn off the software integration option.

• 11 months later...

I installed the latest version of ICUE 

and my K55 rgb keyboard keep disconnecting and reconnecting i solved the problem by uninstalling ICUE and it seemed to have fixed the issue but now the rgb on 2 of my fan doesn’t work and 1 of my corsair vengeance rgb pro is white with a red corner and my second ram is all white (as supposed). When i tried to reinstall ICUE the same issue reappeared with my keyboard and again the solution was to uninstall ICUE