Corsair Community

Ironclaw Wireless Can't Use While Charging.

I just got my Ironclaw RGB Wireless a few days ago. And the problem I'm having is when I plug in the mouse to charge it turns off and stops working. So is it impossible to use this mouse while it's plugged in and charging?

• Corsair Employees

Hi newtekie1,

Try resetting your mouse like this.

1. Unplug the mouse.
  2. With the mouse unplugged, hold down the left and right mouse buttons.
  3. While holding down the mouse buttons, plug the mouse back into the computer.
  4. After around 5 seconds, release the buttons. You will see an LED flash if it resets successfully.

Then try plugging your cable in to charge and see if it works. If this doesn't work, then open a ticket with our support team and ask for a replacement.

The problem is when I unplug the mouse it goes right back to working properly with the wireless receiver. But when I plug it in to charge, it goes into this state where it isn't really off, but the computer doesn't detect it. And the LEDs go to the default rainbow. Attempting the reset does nothing.

I really can't believe a rechargable mouse can't be charged and used at the same time. This has to be the most idiotic thing I've ever seen.

The only way I can charge the mouse and use it at the same time is if I unplug the USB receiver. Which makes no sense at all. If it is plugged into the computer with a cable, it should just use the cable like a wired mouse. You know, like every other rechargeable wireless mouse ever created.

Edited by newtekie1