Corsair Community

Problem with Corsair DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 kit - Please help

I built a new system with I5 12600k, an Asus TUF Z690-PLUS Gaming WIFI D4 and a Corsair DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 kit (CMK32GX4M2D3600C18).

All parts purchased last Friday and my weekend was a nightmare.

The RAM is installed in recommended dual slots and I run the latest BIOS firmware from ASUS.

At first all went ok. I installed windows 10 and a few basic apps and after 2-3 hours I got a BOD ("Error on Non Paged Data" or something like that). The system couldn’t boot properly, always ended up to BOD. After several attempts and removing almost everything and resetting RAMS I managed to enter BIOS. Resetting XMP but the PC couldn’t start (the orange POST led was lit which refers to DRAM problem). Removed again the ram, swapped slots, restart and managed to enter windows. I run the Memory Diagnostic Tool which returned “Hardware Problems Detected”.

I also run the Memtest86 diagnostic tool which also returned some errors.

Now every time I try to enable XMP the system hangs with the orange LED lit on motherboard (DRAM fault). I have to remove RAM, install only one on A2 slot to enter BIOS and disable XMP. After that I install both RAMS and recommended slots to boot to windows with XMP disabled. If I rerun the Diagnostic Tools I get the same errors. System is unstable.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance

https://flic.kr/p/2n2k5d6

https://flic.kr/p/2n2jEJf

https://flic.kr/p/2n2mi9v

https://flic.kr/p/2n2o1U8

Nikos

Can this errors and problems can be coused by compatibility issues?

This memory module (CMK32GX4M2D3600C18) is listed at ASUS TUF Z690-PLUS Gaming WIFI D4 Combatibility list page as been compatible: 

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-Z690-PLUS-WIFI-D4/HelpDesk_QVL_Memory/

But on the above listing the CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 is noted inside parentheses version 3.44.

Mine is version 4.33 

IMG_0763

Is this version difference causing compatibility problems?

I don't have a solution for you, but I'm running into a very similar problem. You can find a very large reddit convo about it here: 

I'm using an MSI z690 Pro mobo but with the exact same RAM as you. Right now It is running with XMP off and mobo updated bios and drivers, but I haven't pushed the system at all yet. Before I reinstalled, it was giving me the BSOD about 20 seconds after opening or running anything. I'm reading as much as I can about this stuff trying to find a solution. 

my ram sticks are running fine but I start considering myself just lucky.

I've been reading so many ram issues (plus many others) since i logged in this forum.

The corsair staff don't replay so often here. don't know if it's lack of time or answers...

If you got memtest errors and your bios is updated, you picked up the right slots  and ballistix ram work fine there's nothing more to try.

I would return the sticks and sadly switch to another brand.

I'm really starting to lose my blind faith in corsair...

On 2/12/2022 at 3:39 AM, zultan said:

my ram sticks are running fine but I start considering myself just lucky.

I've been reading so many ram issues (plus many others) since i logged in this forum.

The corsair staff don't replay so often here. don't know if it's lack of time or answers...

If you got memtest errors and your bios is updated, you picked up the right slots  and ballistix ram work fine there's nothing more to try.

I would return the sticks and sadly switch to another brand.

I'm really starting to lose my blind faith in corsair...

They will answer technical support/rma questions in 2-3 business. I've emailed them alot and always got answers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, c0rrupt said:

They will answer technical support/rma questions in 2-3 business. I've emailed them alot and always got answers

hi. I was talking about the forum. if you browse around you can see tons of questions and very little answers.

There are just a few users who try to help people sometimes but you rarely see hints from corsair staff.

2 hours ago, zultan said:

hi. I was talking about the forum. if you browse around you can see tons of questions and very little answers.

There are just a few users who try to help people sometimes but you rarely see hints from corsair staff.

It is a user-to-user forum, after all. If you want an official statement from Corsair, you need to contact support via a ticket.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DevBiker said:

It is a user-to-user forum, after all. If you want an official statement from Corsair, you need to contact support via a ticket.

I know. and you are one of the few ones trying to help people.

but if it's a user to user forum they should never reply. on the contrary I see that they just reply when they feel like or when is more convenient.

this is the feeling I got since i logged in here.  It's just my opinion.

when I saw "corsair people" with a corsair logo writing around, in a brand dedicated forum i was expecting more technical help than "open a ticket".

that's all.  but i think we are going off topic.   sorry I didn't mean that

Edited by zultan

• 3 months later...

you know many people that would have to train and hire to a dedicated forum team? I dont think they respond at just random,though it could look like

way. I delt with support and I would put it next to logitech. That use to be a benchmark

23 hours ago, c0rrupt said:

you know many people that would have to train and hire to a dedicated forum team? I dont think they respond at just random,though it could look like

way. I delt with support and I would put it next to logitech. That use to be a benchmark

the quantity of issues written here on the forum is surely ovrwhelming.  but if you want to take "care" of your customers it doesn't matter how many people you need.  or at least you should try to do your better to.   and that will be remembered by your customers and strenghten the brand loyalty.

I see on this forum many questions never answered or always the same answer "open a ticket".

Maybe the right advice given here oh the forum would prevent a user from sending back his product.  Just like a kind of "help" to their real help desk.

People know by themselves how to open a ticket.  they came here hoping for a technical advice from a qualified corsair people and they rarely get one.

or I should say better... some get an answer, others not.   someone told me, well it's a user based forum after all.

the problem is that 99% of people come here with questons and a very few have some answers.

but being a brand dedicated forum (not general like tom's hardware or linustech tips) this makes the forum almost useless.  a bunch of skilled

people can't handle all these issues by themselves.  A help from corsair would be really appreciated.

and they do, but not enough in my opinion.  and that's my opinion.  I'm not pretending it's the holy truth.

Of course Corsair is not the only one. Asus forum, for example, is even worst.   nobody replys mostly at all

Edited by zultan

First I just want to say any time I've had to open a ticket about anyhing I've always had quick fast response (same day on a few).Believe it or not Asus Rog Forum was great (at the start) with getting Engineers to repsond to questions about ROG products. Then someone left and things kinda changed. I understand the point your trying to make. If this would have been the first thing you typed (your responding to me) I never would have said anything (I wasnt attacking you if thats the way it came off,context is everything ;P).