Corsair Community

XD5 mounting to fan with fan mounted to rad?

Lian Li O11DXL case.  putting a 360 rad vertical to the right of the mobo, then will have 3 intake fans pull through the rad.  If I use the long screws to mount the fan to the rad, then the screw holes on the fan are occupied so I can't use the self tapping bracket screws on the fan per the installation manual.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to set up this configuration, so what are folks doing to get it sorted out?  go find some slightly longer screws at the hardware store?

Edited by Rerock

Did you try to install the pump bracket with the long fan screws?

with some pump brackets, the default 30mm screws are fine. with thicker mounts you may need 35mm. You only have to make sure that when mounting, the screw does not push against the fins. But you can still cut or sand longer screws to size.

I mounted the pump brackets on my O11 with the default M4x30 screws (hardware labs GTS 360, basically the same as Corsair XR5 rad if that's the one you use)

53 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

Did you try to install the pump bracket with the long fan screws?

with some pump brackets, the default 30mm screws are fine. with thicker mounts you may need 35mm. You only have to make sure that when mounting, the screw does not push against the fins. But you can still cut or sand longer screws to size.

I mounted the pump brackets on my O11 with the default M4x30 screws (hardware labs GTS 360, basically the same as Corsair XR5 rad if that's the one you use)

Yes, I have an XR5 rad and 3 QL120's for it.

The fans are there already as intaken but I havrn't unboxed the pump and rad yet to see what pieces they come with.

I'll give your suggestion a go and report back.  Thanks!

The radiator should have two sets of screws at 30 and 35mm.  If you get caught in between (30 too short, 35 too long), grab some cheap rubber washers to make the 35mm usable without bottoming out on the radiator.  

On 2/6/2022 at 3:58 PM, c-attack said:

The radiator should have two sets of screws at 30 and 35mm.  If you get caught in between (30 too short, 35 too long), grab some cheap rubber washers to make the 35mm usable without bottoming out on the radiator.  

I ended up using the 35mm screws.  I think they're about 1-1.5mm too long, so come final assembly i'll add some washers.

I'm just test fitting right now and planning the loop.