Corsair Community

My fans don't make color anymore

Hello, 

I just received a new computer and I chose Corsair for my different RGB components. 
When I first turned it on, everything was well colored, my processor, my two fans and my case. I installed iCue to be able to manage the colors. It detected my components well except my two fans which are now off (they work but do not make any light). 

How can I fix this problem? 

Thanks in advance 

I'm having a similar issue myself.  If I change to a different model, they'll work, but super inconsistent on lighting and effects when choosing different models.

10 hours ago, Peexyz6 said:

When I first turned it on, everything was well colored, my processor, my two fans and my case. I installed iCue to be able to manage the colors. It detected my components well except my two fans which are now off (they work but do not make any light). 

Most Corsair controllers do not auto-detect what is connected to it.  The Commander Core/XT fan RGB side is the exception, but for all others you need to manually tell CUE what it should light up.  This is done in the "Lighting Set-up" tab for each device.   Once you have done that, the Lighting Effects tab will now show you the UI for your fan/strip/block and you can add lighting effects.  This is the software CUE running mode.  When CUE is not running, the lighting effect set in "hardware lighting" will be active.  These are simpler versions of most effects that can be run from the controllers internal memory vs the full software resources.

1 hour ago, farmeunit said:

I'm having a similar issue myself.  If I change to a different model, they'll work, but super inconsistent on lighting and effects when choosing different models.

If you are getting some lights by choosing a different fan type, then you may have selected the wrong one on the initial set-up.  What fans are you using and what controller are they connected to?  All those little RGB, Pro, Elite tags have a definite meaning and indicate the number of LEDs.