Corsair Community

Xeneon 32QHD165 and G-Sync

Heye there, my new screen just arrived and I know that it is not announced as G-Sync compatible. But I read in several message boards that it is working and soon as I got it online setup g-sync in nvidia driver control was available. Yeah.. but.. the overlay display of the monitopr just says 60, 120 or 165 hz refresh rate. This is the one you setup in windows for your desktop resolution. Nvidia G-Sync test demo looks awful too. So am I right, that it is not working on the Xeneon? Am I doing something wrong? (I'm using DP connection, GFX is a 3090).

Thx in advance. I really love the monitor, it would be a pitty to send it back because of this!!!

I have a 3090 as well as the Xeneon. G-Sync does indeed work. I was even able to get the G-Sync indicator to show up in game and the built in Hz overlay on the xeneon shows the fluctuating FPS.

Just a few simple things worth checking first.

1. G-Sync is enabled for the monitor on in the Geforce control panel?
    spacer.png
  2. G-Sync only works in fullscreen apps by default. You can enable the use of G-Sync in windowed apps, but I've found some weird issues crop up with it enabled, so I only put it on if a game doesn't support dedicated fullscreen.
  3. I used CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) to remove the 4k resolutions from the EDID so DSR would work correctly, this broke G-Sync support for me and I had to reset the EDID data using the reset-all utility that is included with CRU. If you haven't done anything with this I would ignore this part.
  4. Make sure V-Sync is turned off in game
  5. Make sure you are actually running the game at 2560x1440. The monitor supports 4k resolutions, but don't use them with PC. This also appears to have affected G-Sync for me.
    spacer.png

Also, in the nvidia Control panel there is an option to add the g-sync overlay to show it's working. Click on Display -> G-Sync Compatible Indicator.

spacer.png

And here is what it looks like while running:

spacer.png

Hey, thanks for your detailed answer! Unfortunatley I'm using exactly the same options. But it is not working for me :(.

Which DP Port of your 3090 are you using? My last hope is to test another cable or maybe my old monitor is responsible for this mess (Acer Predator XB3, same specifications as the xeneon now).

On 2/5/2022 at 6:06 PM, 76Silver911 said:

I have a 3090 as well as the Xeneon. G-Sync does indeed work. I was even able to get the G-Sync indicator to show up in game and the built in Hz overlay on the xeneon shows the fluctuating FPS.

Just a few simple things worth checking first.

1. G-Sync is enabled for the monitor on in the Geforce control panel?
    spacer.png
  2. G-Sync only works in fullscreen apps by default. You can enable the use of G-Sync in windowed apps, but I've found some weird issues crop up with it enabled, so I only put it on if a game doesn't support dedicated fullscreen.
  3. I used CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) to remove the 4k resolutions from the EDID so DSR would work correctly, this broke G-Sync support for me and I had to reset the EDID data using the reset-all utility that is included with CRU. If you haven't done anything with this I would ignore this part.
  4. Make sure V-Sync is turned off in game
  5. Make sure you are actually running the game at 2560x1440. The monitor supports 4k resolutions, but don't use them with PC. This also appears to have affected G-Sync for me.
    spacer.png

Also, in the nvidia Control panel there is an option to add the g-sync overlay to show it's working. Click on Display -> G-Sync Compatible Indicator.

spacer.png

And here is what it looks like while running:

spacer.png

Thx again. Reinstalling Nvidia driver with custom setup and option "new install" did the trick! It is working now!!