Corsair Community

LL120 Lighting Not Working Properly

Good Evening All,

I have an older system with older equipment. Three LL120 fans are set up connected to ports 1, 2, and 3 of the RGB Fan LED Controller which is plugged into the Lighting Node Pro and that is attached to an ASUS ROG Strix X470-F motherboard. Things were working fine up until about a month ago when the LED lights all of a sudden started going out. I set the colors to all purple and swapped the wires in the following pictured combinations and got these results. I know something isn't working right but I can't tell if it's the fans that need to be replaces or the controllers. I was unable to get them to work properly using iCUE but I had a version of Corsair Link 4 (4.9.9.3) that I tried just to be sure and it gave the same results.

I read that the controller I have now is obsolete and there is a replacement that doesn't need to go through the lighting node as I only need it for three fans. I haven't kept up to date with hardware since I built this computer and I don't know quite where to start with more modern solutions.

What could be the problem and what equipment would I need to replace?

Thank you in advance,
Eclaire

spacer.png