Corsair Community

So maybe this exists, but I'm having trouble finding it. Is there a central location (or forum) for discussing the creation or lighting effects for the various keyboards/mice/etc? And better yet a "Library" where we can download profiles from?

And where should we post feature requests for ICUE? eg: I'd like to see a dedicated "toggle lighting" option that you could apply to keys like Caps Lock.

And while we're on the subject, are there any good "how to guides"? I muddled through creating some basic lighting profiles a couple years ago and it took ages. Unfortunately I forgot to export the profiles so I lost them recently when I did a reinstall. The idea of spending hours trying to figure out how to do stuff again is very daunting.

This is the right forum for feature requests, help in working through iCUE features, and discussing how the lighting mechanics work. 

You should be able to set a key(s) to toggle lighting on press. Go to the lower right corner of the effect and change “start” to on press or toggle. I’ll link a screenshot later. 

I am not aware of any current comprehensive guides. It is a monumental task to put one together. There are several videos on the Corsair main site explaining the features, but that may not be what you’re looking for. 

Everyone should export any profile of value on a semi-regular basis. My advice is to keep them in a version specific folder (the one they were exported from). If you have to replace a controller or for any of the issues that require a clean install, reimport is the only way to get your stuff back. 

Edited by c-attack

I've posted a feature request about toggle lighting. It's easy enough to set up but it doesn't work properly because it's not smart. Assuming I want blue as Caps Lock Off and red as Caps Lock ON making a pseudo toggle using custom-solid words fine. But only when there is a single profile. As soon as you start using multiple profiles that are activated by apps/games it becomes problematic. Basically because when you switch profile the Caps Lock key just takes on the default value of the new profile. So it'll switch to whatever colour that might be.

As for the exporting thing, yeah I thought I'd exported the profiles I created but I can't find them. So it's possible I exported them to the drive I had to format. Either that or I just didn't get round to it.

It'd be nice to have a dedicated (sub)forum just for profiles. That way they wouldn't be lost amongst the "noise" of all the other ICue posts.

I saw your other post after writing this. You obviously already knew how to set the toggle, so there was no need for me to do so. As you noted, CUE can’t straighten out user input across multiple profiles, so aside from the native caps lock indicator light on the board, individual profiles won’t recognize the current state when switching profiles with CAPS Lock engaged. 

Absolutely, that's why I'm asking for the "toggle" as a feature. Maybe they'll eventually add it. Surely they could test the state of the caps lock indicator and be to apply that to a profile setting?